If you’re an enthusiast of all things kitchen-related, then you probably know that induction cooking is the next big thing. With all its many features, induction cooking is well-poised to overtake the traditional gas cooktop and even the slightly more modern electric cooktop found in many home kitchens.
A clever cook knows that the best induction cooktop can cook food evenly, is equipped with intuitive settings, and is easy to clean – all while still being big enough to fit all your cooking needs. With that said, here is a list of some of the best induction cooktops out there for a seamless cooking experience.
Table of Contents
Best Induction Cooktops | All You Need to Know
What Is an Induction Cooktop?
At first glance, most induction cooktops look a lot like your run-of-the-mill electric cooktops with their ceramic glass surfaces. However, an induction cooktop has a few advantages over the latter.
With the use of electromagnetic waves, an induction cooktop, otherwise known as an induction stove, is equipped with great cooking power and is capable of transferring heat from the cooktop surface directly into your pots and pans. This essentially turns them into their own heat source.
Induction cooking can be highly efficient. It allows for extremely precise and controlled rises and drops in temperature. It also has the ability to maintain a consistent temperature, so you can worry less about those boil-overs and spills.
What to Look for When Choosing an Induction Cooktops
When it comes to appliances, it never hurts to be careful. An induction cooktop may come with a bit of a price tag, so it’s good to make sure that you get bang for your buck. Here are some of the factors you need to consider on your search for your next favorite kitchen appliance
One of the first things you have to look into is the size of your induction stove of choice.
If you are planning on using it to prepare meals for big groups of people, then by all means, go for a 36 inch induction cooktop. This should be great for cooking even with those large pots and pans.
Before making that purchase, however, make sure that you have enough space for it on your counter at home. Account for the dimensions of the induction cooktop you are looking to buy before you proceed.
Number Of Burners
Another difference among induction cooktop models is the number of burners they have.
People who want to cook their food evenly should look for cooktops with at least three to four burners. Typically, most 36-inch induction cooktops have five burners, giving multitaskers more leverage when cooking their meals.
Each zone’s burner also indicates the size of the pot or pan it can accommodate. If you have a large pot or pan at home, make sure that they fit the burners before visiting your local stores.
Control Panel Style
Before buying an induction cooktop, compare different models and check the varying control panels and settings for guided cooking that are available to you.
Some people may be more comfortable with a more cool and modern model that uses touch and slide controls. On the other hand, some may prefer a more traditional-style cooktop with rotating knob controls.
Typically, induction cooktops with touch panels for guided cooking have a higher price than ones that use traditional knobs or buttons. Just keep that in mind before adding that induction cooktop to your cart.
Surfaces That Are Easy To Clean
One of the many benefits of having an induction cooktop is that it is easy to clean.
A majority of induction cooktops don’t require advanced cleaning. A simple wipe down with soap and a damp cloth should be enough to keep that flat surface spotless.
Induction cooktops also heat up and cool down fast, so you don’t need to wait a long time before you start cleaning. They also don’t leave any air pollutants in your kitchen unlike with traditional full range gas ovens.
However, these surface materials do have their limitations. Glass-ceramic surfaces are prone to scratching easily. Furthermore, a cooktop with a stainless steel trim may also be hard to maintain and keep clean.
Compatibility With Metal Cookware
Due to their electromagnetic components, some metals work better for induction cooktops than others. Examples of compatible ferrous metals include cast iron and stainless steel.
Copper and aluminum, on the other hand won’t create a current for the electromagnetic source and won’t heat up.
If you want to test how compatible it is, place a magnet on the cookware’s bottom and see if it sticks. If it does, it’s compatible. If it doesn’t, it’s not compatible with the induction cooktop.
Review Of The Best 36 Inch Induction Cooktops 2021
SINGLEHOMIE 5 Burner Built-In Electric Induction Hob – Best For Energy Saving Features
- 5-Zone Induction Hob：With Five high power burners--2100W, 1500W, 2100W, 1500W and 2100W heat faster and more energy-efficient. Cook more dishes at once with one hob,It equips you with plenty of...
- Quick Heating and Cooling: It uses electricity to generate a magnetic field on the top of the cooking area. The magnetic field can generate heat and evenly radiate heat,Total power can be up to 9300W....
- 9 Power Levels with Boost Function:9 heat level settings allow range from melt to rapid boil, accurate and easy temperature changes by a touch of Slider Regulating Key ,meeting all your cooking needs!...
- Slider Touch Control: Touch Controls also give this induction hob a fantastic array of Easy to Use, The controls respond to touch, so you don’t need to apply any pressure. Simply adjust the power...
- Multiple Protection Features - Over heating protection, auto shut-off protection, and child lock function prevents unintended activation, ensuring safety for your whole family. Pan detector works when...
If you’re looking for an energy-efficient 36 inch induction cooktop, then the SINGLEHOMIE 5-Burner 36 inch induction cooktop might be the best fit for you.
This induction cooktop has five heating areas that you can use for cooking multiple foods simultaneously. Each of the areas of this model is equipped with power ranging from 1200W to 2100W.
The SINGLEHOMIE induction cooktop model can heat your pots and pans quickly and efficiently. It also has additional operation tools, including a timer that ranges between 1 to 99 minutes, a pause button, and a “keep warm” setting.
- Uses precise Touch & Slide controls
- Works with pots and pans that use electromagnetic induction.
- Has overheating protection.
- Has the ability to automatically shut down when you remove a pot for a minute or when it’s done cooking.
- Comes with a child safety lock.
- Has a glass-ceramic surface that is easy to clean and won’t heat up when in use.
- May not be compatible with certain types of cookware such as aluminum pans.
- Programming settings may take some time to figure out.
- Can be bulky.
- Requires special care to avoid scratches.
Thermomate 36-Inch Induction Stove Top – Best Heating Power Features
- 5 high power burners: 2300/3000W (11in) +1800/2100W (9in)+1800/2100W (9in)+1200/1500W (7in)+1200/1500W (7in). Supplied with 4 feet (1.22 m) power cable, suitable for AC 240V, rated power 9300W for...
- 4 protection features: over-heating protection, residual heat indicator, auto shutdown, and child safety lock. Suit for all cast iron cookware, make your cooking easy and enjoyable. An additional...
- 9 power setting for precise heating, perfect for braise, fry, deep fry, stir-fry, roast, and even boil water. Slider Sensor touch control is easy to use for all family members. 1 to 99 minutes timer,...
- 2 inch super slim black glass modern design only takes up minimal space under your counter. The thermomate electric induction cooktop with a smooth top surface, effortless cleaning, and durable use...
- 2 super practical functions: keep warm function and boost function. Please verify the cooktop is the right size for you: Product size: 35.4" W x 20.5"D x 2.3"H, cut out size: 33.9" W x 19.3"D.
If you’re looking for kitchen appliances that are well worth its price, then look no further. The Thermomate 36 Inch Induction Cooktop is one of the most powerful and versatile induction cooktops out there.
This induction model is equipped with five burners. It has two low-power, 7-inch burners, two medium-power, 9-inch burners, and a high-power 11-inch burner. It also has a boost function that raises its power for up to five minutes.
- Has nine default power settings
- Has a scratch-resistant vitro ceramic glass surface.
- Smart pot indicator to confirm if your cookware is suitable for the induction cooktop.
- Residual heat indicator
- Child safety lock
- Difficult to install.
- Only works for certain types of pans and pots.
- May be prone to surface scratches if used irresponsibly.
GASLAND Chef IH90BF 240V 36” Built-In Induction Cooktop – Best Budget Buy
- 🎁【5 Powerful Cooking Zones】This induction cooktop has 9 power levels, precision to switch into different level from simmer to boil. Sensor touch control, easy temperature control meets various...
- 🎁【Minimize Built-in Design】Gasland built-in electric cooktop provides extra counter space on top and takes up mini space under the counter, due to the minimize width design. Product size:...
- 🎁【Easy Maintenance】One-piece glass surface allows for wipe clean. No crevices that can hold residue. No afraid of scratches. No need long time to cool.
- 🎁【Safty Protection Functions】We developed and manufactured this product strictly following North American Norm. Sevral protection functions to ensure safety, such as the child safety lock,...
- 🎁【Multifunctional Timer】This electric cooktop comes with a multifunctional timer. You can use it as a time reminder when cooking and set cooking time. It will automatically turn itself off at...
If you’re looking to avoid that hefty price tag without sacrificing quality, the GASLAND Chef Built In Induction Cooktop is perfect for you. It has great economic value, is easy to clean, heats fast and stays hot, and saves a lot of energy.
If you want to save money and have a safer kitchen, this might be the cooktop for you.
- Equipped with sensor touch controls with a digital display
- Has a maximum energy output of 7,400W
- Comes with five powerful cooking zones.
- Has a 99-minute timer
- Comes with a child safety lock
- Equipped with an automatic shutdown feature
- Has a durable and easy to clean smooth vitro glass surface
- Built-in small item detection technology
- Doesn’t come with a ground wire.
- Ignition trouble when starting it up.
- Overheats when you use high or medium settings.
- High-pitched whistling when using burners.
- Needs frequent resetting
Frigidaire FGIC3666TB 36” Electric Induction Cooktop – Best For All-Around Features
- 36 in. induction cooktop from Frigidaire
- Amazingly fast heat
- Even heat distribution
- Cooktop surface is easy to clean
- Auto-sizing pan detection. Exterior - 21-3/8 D x 36-3/4 W x 3 5/8 H inches
If you want an induction cooktop with a lot of features, then consider looking the Frigidaire 36″ Electric Induction Cooktop. This model has a ton of features that really allow you to follow those video recipes so you can create all those dishes you’ve always wanted to try.
The Frigidaire induction cooktop can boil water 50% faster than most electric or gas cooktops. It’s an excellent model for people who want to save time and energy when they cook.
Another of the many prominent features that we enjoy from this model is the True Temperature Melt & Hold Technology. If you want to prep food with a creamy and melted texture, try using this feature. With its advanced induction, it heats food slowly and keeps it at a consistent heat setting that is perfect for melting ingredients or sauces while keeping it from scorching or burning
We also enjoy this induction model because of its immediate responses. You can change boiling water to a simmer in an instant with little trouble. By having quick temperature adjustment responses, you can enhance your kitchen’s performance and save time when preparing those dishes.
- Equipped with an LED digital touch control panel for easy cooking adjustments.
- Has five heating elements
- Flat surface that’s easy to clean.
- Auto-sizing pan detection that senses your pan’s size and only sends heat to it.
- Compatible with most ferrous metal cookware.
- Has a built-in kitchen timer.
- Comes with a lock feature
- May have uneven warming spots
- May weigh more than other units.
- Burners make a screeching sound when in use and especially when set on high.
Empava 36-Inch Electric Induction Cooktop With 5 Power Boost Burners – Most Modern Model
- The USA & Canada ETL Certified Electric Stove Induction Cooktop designed and engineered in the USA by Empava Appliances with 2 Years US Based Manufacturer Warranty.
- The flawless Empava smooth vitro ceramic glass surface allows for effortless cleanup, manufactured without the release of hazardous metals into the ground and withstands intense heat without cracking...
- Hot Surface indicator - An "H" will appear in the surface cooking area display let you know when elements are hot to the touch with just a glance. Pan size sensor heats the element to the size of your...
- Enjoy minimal cleanup with stain and heat discoloration resistant spills can’t burn onto the surface, easy-to-clean vitro ceramic smooth surface glass will provide you with a reliable cooktop for...
- 9 heat level settings allow range from melt to rapid boil, accurate and easy temperature changes at the touch of a button, boil, stew, fry, stir fry, switch from one mode to another as needed, get...
Are you interested in an induction cooktop that has a contemporary look coupled with the most efficient features? If so, you’re in luck.
Another contender for the best 36 inch induction cooktop is the Empava 36-Inch Electric Induction Cooktop. This sleek induction model is best suited for cooking enthusiasts who want an induction cooktop with a bold and sleek design as well as a compact size for your kitchen countertop.
This induction unit has the ability withstand intense heat without cracking or chipping. The model also benefits multitaskers especially when they’re preoccupied with other responsibilities.
It allows them to track cooking time while using less energy. The model also allows users to play around with settings that match their cooking styles, including boiling, simmering, grilling, etc.
- Has even heat distribution.
- Compatible with carbon steel, cast iron, and stainless steel cookware.
- Flat vitro ceramic glass surface
- Nine heat level settings to match your cooking needs.
- Recognizes compatible cookware and deactivates when removed.
- Equipped with an automatic shutdown setting once the timer runs out.
- Comes with a child lock
- Has a hot surface indicator.
- Uneven warming spots
- Loud buzzing sound when put on a higher cooking setting
- Installation requires a licensed technician
- Doesn’t work without a stable earth wiring system
- Aluminum and glass cookware won’t work on this cooktop
- Only works with electric power
Electrolux 36” Stainless Steel Induction Cooktop – Best For Boiling Water And Saving Time
Another excellent option for an induction cooktop is the Electrolux Stainless Steel 36 Inch Induction Cooktop.
Many induction cooktops are ideal for boiling water quicker than gas or electric cooktops, at about four minutes, but this model increases this rate exponentially. The Electrolux induction cooktop has enough heating power to boil water in a pot in 90 seconds, making it an excellent time-saver.
We also enjoy the stainless steel design that makes it stand out as an induction cooktop. It may need a immediate cleaning when spills occur as you cook, but it is a durable unit if you intend on using it for long-term induction cooking.
If you don’t want to waste time while cooking, the Electrolux induction cooktop also has 25 digital preset touch features to adjust cooking temperatures in an instant. This makes it easier to maintain cooking temperatures for making quality dishes.
- Equipped with five burners
- Has a durable stainless steel build.
- Extremely energy efficient.
- Control lockout.
- Comes with a Keep Warm feature.
- Cool-to-the-touch surface.
- Some burners don’t reach maximum heat.
- May not work with a pot or pan with an aluminum build
- Stainless steel surface is hard to clean.
Bosch NIT5666UC 500 36” Black Electric Induction Cooktop – Best Precise Temperature And Additional Speed
- 5 Cooking Zones + SpeedBoost
- 3,600 Watt 11" Element
- Independent CountDown Timer
- Residual Heat Indicator
- Panel Lock
The Bosch Electric 36 Inch Induction Cooktop is best for people who want speedy cooking at precise temperature levels. This model ensures powerful and safe cooking with its advanced electromagnetic functionality.
One of the Bosch cooktop’s most desired features is its SpeedBoost function. By prioritizing speed and temperature, the Bosch cooktop can let you make food in no time.
Bosch also added more power to each cooking zone to further speed up the cooking process. The more speed and power you use, the less energy you’ll waste.
Its PreciseSelect panel also assists with selecting each zone on your cooktop and sets their power levels to match your cooking temperature preferences.
If you have been looking for a sign to buy an induction cooktop, then this is it telling you that you cannot go wrong with a Bosch Induction cooktop.
- Five cooking zones.
- Largest panel uses 3,600W.
- Independent countdown timer.
- Residual heat indicator.
- Panel lock for enhanced safety.
- Safe Start ensures activation when using appropriate cookware.
- One burner control for all burners is difficult to use.
- Uneven temperatures.
Ancona AN-2413 Radiant Induction 36” Cooktop – Top Boost Technology
- 5 Burner Schott Ceran ceramic surface
- Distinct easy-to-use touch controls
- 9-cooking heat levels with Boost function on each burner
- Delayed auto-shut-off function – Timer facilitates uninterrupted cooking for a pre-determined time, adjustable up to 99 minutes
- Integrated child lock safety feature; Hot surface indication and residual heat indication
The Ancona Radiant 36 Inch Induction Cooktop is the best in terms of its Boost Technology. It has a separate boost function for each burner, giving you extra power to speed up your cooking.
We also enjoy its heat detection properties that help keep your kitchen safe whenever you use its Boost Technology by telling you when your cookware or the foods in them are already too hot.
- Nine cooking/heating levels.
- Equipped with easy touch controls.
- Has an auto-shutdown function.
- Come with a child safety lock.
- Has a Schott Ceran ceramic surface.
- Surface may crack and be difficult to clean.
- Gets noisy at high temperature settings.
An induction cooktop can be a major investment in your home as it provides a lot of convenience and functionality for your kitchen. Before going to your local appliance store, make sure to go through our list of the best induction cooktops out there so you can truly enjoy your purchase.