Having the right cookware sets at your disposal will make cooking easier and more enjoyable. But with so many ceramic cookware sets on the market, it can be hard to know which you should buy. To help you find the set that’s going to work for you and become a real asset in your kitchen, we’ve researched the best. Find out everything you need to know below.
Table of Contents
The 5 Best Ceramic Cookware Sets of 2023
1. T-fal G919SE64 Initiatives Ceramic Nonstick Cookware 14-Piece Set
T-fal G919SE64 Initiatives Ceramic Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Toxic Free 14-Piece Cookware Set, Gold
- Durable Aluminum Construction: For long lasting performance
- Ceramic Interior: Healthy cooking with little to no oil
- Thermo-Spot Technology: Unique heat indicator that turns solid red to show when pans are properly preheated to start cooking
- Ergonomic Handles: Designed for a comfortable grip
- Even Heat Base: No hot spots for reliable cooking results
T-fal was one of the first companies to provide chemical-free nonstick cookware for nontoxic cooking. The ceramic coating is PTFE, PFOA, and cadmium free. A heavy-gauge aluminum core evenly distributes heat for a better, more efficient cooking experience.
The T-fal pans are safe to use in the oven up to 350-degrees F and suitable for all kinds of stovetops except induction stoves. Check out the best induction cookware here.
The ceramic nonstick coating is scratch and stain resistant. T-Fal includes several ceramic-safe nylon cooking utensils, which is a nice bonus for anyone just starting or making the switch to ceramic.
Although T-fal advertises their ceramic cookware as dishwasher-safe, the nonstick coating lasts longer if you hand wash them with a soft rag and gentle soap.
- PTFE, PFOA, and cadmium free ceramic coating for nontoxic cooking
- Heavy-gauge aluminum core heats evenly and cooks efficiently
- Oven safe up to 350-degrees F.
- Scratch and stain-resistant ceramic coating
- Dishwasher safe
- Includes ceramic-safe nylon cooking utensils
- Includes a limited lifetime warranty.
- Not suitable for use on induction stoves
- Only use ceramic-safe utensils
- Some consumers prefer to avoid cookware manufactured in China
2. Ceramic Pro 10 Piece Non-Stick Cookware Set by Bialetti
Bialetti Cookware, Ceramic Pro 10-Piece Set
$139.99 in stock
- Heavy gauge hard anodized aluminum provides superior heat distribution
- Cast stainless steel handles go from stovetop to oven - Heat safe to 400°F
- Gray eco-friendly nonstick ceramic interior and Hard-Anodized exterior provide long term toughness
- Cookware is safe for gas and glass stove tops
- Includes: 8" & 10" Sauté pans, 1.5qt & 3qt Sauce pans with lid, 3qt deep sauté with lid, 6qt Dutch oven with lid
The Ceramic Pro 10 Piece non-stick cookware set by Bialetti offers a very heavy and durable design. As well as offering sturdiness and reliability, this also makes for even heating. As we know, even heating leads to even cooking, which is what every chef wants to achieve in the kitchen. Of all the cookware sets discussed here in this article, the Ceramic Pro cookware set by Bialetti is the most visually impressive and aesthetically pleasing. They look great and will add something to every kitchen.
On top of that, the set is affordable and represents really value for money. There are lots of more expensive ceramic cookware sets that don’t offer the quality of design and performance that this set offers. So, if you want a reliable yet affordable solution, this could be the one you’ve been looking for.
- Heavy design results in even heating
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Oven safe up to 400 degrees
- Very affordable and offers value
- Not safe to use with metal utensils
- Hand wash only
- Not compatible with induction cookers
3. T-fal Initiatives Nonstick Ceramic Cookware Set
T-fal FBA_A821SI64 Initiatives Nonstick Inside and Out Cookware Set, 18-Piece, Black
1 used from $100.42
- SET INCLUDES: 3-qt. Saucepan, 1-qt. Saucepan with Lid, 8" Frying Pan, 2-qt. Saucepan with Lid, 5 qt. Stockpot, Slotted Spoon, Spoon, 10" Skillet with Lid, 4 qt. Stockpot, 11" Frying Pan, Slotted Turner
- DISHWASHER SAFE - Exceptionally durable dishwasher safe cookware for easy clean up
- DURABLE NONSTICK INTERIOR - Durable non-stick interior for easy cleaning and cooking
- EVEN HEAT BASE - Delivers even heat distribution for reliable cooking results
- NONSTICK EXTERIOR - A breeze to clean. Ceramic cooking surface resists heat up to 570° Fahrenheit
If you’re looking for an easy to handle and simple to clean cookware set, the T-fal Initiatives non-stick ceramic cookware set is one that’s worth considering. It has a lot to offer, including a range of cooking tools that can be safely used alongside the cookware set. The pans in the set come with handles and knobs that remain cool even when the pan is very hot. It makes the pans that little bit easier to use and considerably more functional.
They’re made of phenolic material and are very durable. They should withstand a lot of heavy usage without any problems. You certainly get a lot for your money when you choose this set. As we’ve already mentioned, you get tools and utensils with it, and a lot of pans and pots too. The main drawback associated with this product is the fact that it’s only oven safe up to 350 degrees, which is less than ideal.
- Very easy to clean
- Handles and knobs remain cool
- Comes with cooking tools
- A lot for your money
- Only oven safe up to 350 degrees
- Hand washing recommended
4. Farberware Purecook Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
Farberware Glide Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Cookware Pots and Pans Set, 11 Piece, Black
- SET INCLUDES: 1-Quart Saucepan with Lid, 2-Quart Saucepan with Lid, 5-Quart Dutch Oven with Lid, 8.5-Inch Deep Frying Pan 11.25-Inch Deep Frying Pan, Slotted Turner, Slotted Spoon, Pasta Fork
- QUICK TO HEAT, DURABLE COOKWARE: Cookware set features dishwasher-safe aluminum construction for first-rate fusion of durability and heat conductivity
- PREMIUM NONSTICK COOKWARE: Pots and pans feature enhanced, long-lasting nonstick that allows 90 percent better food release versus major ceramic nonstick competitors
- DISHWASHER SAFE: Easy to clean, dishwasher safe cookware set features easy-hold handles for a comfortable, confident grip
- OVEN SAFE WITH HEAT LOCKING LIDS: Versatile cookware set is oven safe to 350F; shatter resistant glass lids lock in heat and flavor
The first thing you’ll notice about the Farberware Purecook ceramic non-stick cookware set is its style and color. It looks great and adds a subtle hint of color to your kitchen that might have been missing. It’s also a lightweight set that’s very easy to use but this comes at the cost of durability. It does offer a very strong and even cooking experience, which is something that’s always important.
The set is also dishwasher safe, which is often not the case with ceramic sets like these. It’s a nice bonus and means you have to do a little less washing up. The Farberware Purecook set is oven safe up to 350 degrees. It could definitely do better in that department and will limit your cooking options somewhat. Some owners have also found that it’s not the most durable product they’ve ever used.
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Cooks evenly
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Comes with nylon cooking tools
- Only oven safe up to 350 degrees
- Some durability issues
5. Neoflam Midas Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
Neoflam Midas PLUS 9pc Nonstick Cast Aluminum Cookware Set, PFOA Free Kitchenware with Saucepan,Frying Pan,Stove|Oven Pot, Tempered Glass Lid and Smart Detachable Handle,Oven Safe,Space-Saving,Emerald
$77.48 in stock
- PFOA/PTFE-FREE ECOLON CERAMIC NON-STICK COATING - Midas cookware is coated with Ecolon, a healthy alternative to nonstick coating and is used to create durable and scratch resistant cookware; Made from natural minerals, it is PFOA/PTFE, Lead, and Cadmium free
- DURABILITY & HIGH HEAT CONDUCTIVITY CAST ALUMINUM TECHNOLOGY - At only 1/3 the weight of cast iron, our pan is exceptionally durable, scratch resistant, heats evenly and have high heat conductivity, which means it is a perfect pan for fast cooking
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN FOR MULTI-PURPOSES - The fully detachable, double locking handle securely attaches to the cookware for nesting, stacking for space-efficient storage, while it can easily be converted into a serving bowl or a storage container for leftovers because it includes plastic snap on lids
- ALL-IN-ONE SET - This set includes: 1.6qt Stockpot (6"), 2.8Qt Stockpot (8"), 8" frying pan, 10" frying pan, 2.8qt (8") stockpot plastic lid, 1.6qt (6") Stockpot plastic lid, 1.6qt (6") stockpot silicone glass lid, 2.8qt (8") stockpot glass lid, detachable handle, pan protector
- USE & CARE - Midas cookware is durable, scratch-resistant, easy to clean, and dishwasher safe; LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY for any quality issues, please contact us any time; For best results, do not use abrasive cleaners, do not excessively preheat empty cookware and do not use in the microwave
The Neoflam Midas ceramic non-stick cookware set is a great option for beginner chefs. It offers all the things you need it to and it’s very easy to use. You don’t need much cooking experience to feel comfortable using these pans. They’re a joy to cook with. They also have a range of cool features that make them very functional. They have detachable handles that allow you to use the pans in various ways, and storing is made very simple by the way in which they stack inside each other.
They also have the benefit of being dishwasher safe, but there are some options and features lacking compared to the other options on this list. That’s to be expected, however. After all, this is a budget solution so it’s not going to have the most advanced features.
- Detachable handles
- Easy to store
- Great beginner cookware set
- Dishwasher safe
- Lids don’t fully cover the pans
- Lacking some options
The Very Best Ceramic Cookware Set
The best ceramic cookware set that I could find on the market today is the T-Fal InitiativesCeramic Nonstick Cookware Set. It’s a high-quality non-stick set that does everything you want it to. The fact that it’s oven safe up to 570 degrees is a really big deal and offers a level of security in the oven that other ceramic cookware simply doesn’t. It can handle just about every kind of cooking activity that you could throw at it. That gives you a variety of cooking options and more flexibility than other cookware sets are able to provide.
As an avid chef, I know just how important it is for your cookware sets to offer those options. No one wants to be constrained and held back by their choice of cookware. The extra little touches carry it over the line into first place. The pans have measuring marks inside them, for example. And they’re very easy to pour and have straining lids. Things like that make the product more functional and generally easier to use in the kitchen.
Everything to Know About Ceramic Cookware Sets
What is Ceramic Cookware?
Ceramic cookware is increasing in popularity and that’s because of the benefits this kind of cookware delivers. People often see the word ‘ceramic’ and immediately think fragility. That’s not the case with this kiln-baked cookware though. The process of being fired up in a kiln makes ceramic cookware more durable and less likely to be damaged.
These products are usually resistant to stains and have a non-stick coating, which makes the cooking process much simpler. Simply put, ceramic cookware is made of clay fired in a kiln at much higher temperatures than traditional pottery. Then, the ceramic is covered in a glaze to seal it and make it “nonstick.” Ceramic is often considered one of the healthier cookware options because it doesn’t have Teflon or other chemical “non-stick” coatings often found in other cookware. There are two main types of ceramic cookware on the market.
- 100% ceramic is made of clay and ceramic glaze. It is the most traditional type of ceramic cookware.
- Ceramic-coated cookware is usually stainless steel or aluminum cookware coated with ceramic glaze.
The Benefits of Using Ceramic Cookware Sets
As mentioned above, ceramic cookware is actually very durable and that’s certainly the first benefit associated with choosing this kind of cookware over the alternatives. On top of that, these products tend to be really easy to clean, meaning less work for us chefs. Believe it or not, ceramic cookware can help you cook healthier too. Because food doesn’t stick as easily to these pans, you don’t have to use as much oil. And that’s a big positive for your body.
Features That Matter Most When Buying Ceramic Cookware
There are lots of features and benefits offered by ceramic cookware generally, but it’s also important to look at the specifics. Each ceramic cookware set is unique and has its own pros and cons. It’s important to know what you should be looking for before you buy. By looking closely at the key features offered by each product and assessing what they offer in certain areas, you’ll have no trouble finding the right cookware set for you. Here are some of the most important things to look for and assess ahead of making a purchase.
Many people find that they sometimes want to use their cookware in the oven. That’s why it’s so important to find out how oven friendly a product is before buying it. Different ceramic cookware sets will be oven friendly up to different temperatures. You should generally look for one that can go up to about 400 degrees. But your needs might be different.
Sturdiness and Quality
The last thing you want is for your cookware to let you down. You don’t want to find cracks and damage or general wear and tear after a few months of use. Take a close look at the overall quality and sturdiness of the cookware. And listen to the assessments of people who’ve used them first-hand.
There’s a ceramic cookware solution out there for just about every budget. That’s why setting a budget beforehand and then starting your search from there is a good idea. No matter what your budget is, you’ll be able to find cookware that works for you. There are very high-end solutions, as well as some very affordable options that are great as well.
No matter how strong and sturdy your cookware set feels, it’s nice to know that you’re backed up by a warranty. Always pay attention to how long a warranty the manufacturer is giving you. If you can find a cookware set with a long warranty, you’ll be taking less of a risk.
How to Choose the Best Ceramic Cookware
There are various things that should factor into your decision. The points above are obviously important and you’ll likely have your own priorities as well. Decide what’s most important for you to have in a ceramic cookware set. Because this set is going to be used in your kitchen a lot, potentially every day, you need to make sure the cookware looks the part. Be sure to consider the design and how it’ll fit into your kitchen’s overall interior design.
Tips for Cooking with Ceramic Cookware
One of the major benefits of using ceramic cookware is that it requires less oil or butter to prevent food from sticking. Add a small amount of butter or oil to lightly and evenly coat the inside of the pan each time you cook. This will help the ceramic glaze last longer.
Avoid using cooking sprays on ceramic cookware. Sprays often cause residue build-up, and some contain chemicals that are not suitable for nonstick cookware like ceramic. Extra virgin olive oil is also not ideal for ceramic pans because it often leaves a carbonized film on the pan.
Are There Any Safety Concerns?
Ceramic cookware is known to be very safe. In fact, the rise in ceramic cookware is directly related to safety concerns people have relating to Teflon-coated pans. Ceramic pans are much safer when compared to traditional alternatives. There are also various safety features that are offered by the best ceramic cookware sets and we’ll discuss those later in this article. There are child safety features and burners that turn off automatically; those kinds of features are pretty standard.
Ceramic Cookware FAQ
Why Do Chefs Love Ceramic Cookware?
Chefs love ceramic cookware sets because they’re very easy to clean and they’re easy to use as well. I’ve used them constantly and they’re so much easier than the alternatives. Like most cooking enthusiasts, I’d never go back. They’re also healthy and safe, and both of those things are really important. Being able to cook using less oil is a real benefit and it makes a difference to how you cook each day.
What are the Benefits of Ceramic Cookware?
Ceramic cookware is very popular among professional chefs and beginner cooks alike. It is easy to use and maintain and very versatile. Ceramic pots and pans tend to heat more evenly than other cookware, which, in turn, helps food follow suit in the way it cooks. Because ceramic heats more evenly and holds heat so well, you can cook food at lower temperatures, reducing the risk of burning or overcooking your meal.
Ceramic stays warm for about 15 minutes after you remove it from the stove or oven, which aids in keeping your food from cooling too quickly. Ceramic is also versatile. Many ceramic pots and pans are safe to use in the oven and on the stovetop as well as in broilers, steamer ovens, convection ovens, and microwave ovens. Cookware sets will usually specify where they are safe to use.
Always default to the manufacturer instructions and exercise proper precaution when handling hot items!
When it’s time to clean up, you will appreciate how easy it is to clean ceramic. It has natural non-stick properties. It’s rare for food to stick to the ceramic. However, if it does, simply soak the dish in warm, soapy water for a few minutes to loosen the food, then wipe it clean. Many people appreciate that ceramic is non-reactive and usually does not have chemicals that may leach into the food as it cooks. Seek out ceramic cookware that is labeled “Lead-Free,” as it is typically non-toxic and free of chemicals.
Another health benefit of cooking with ceramic pots and pans is that you will use less oil or butter. Ceramic is a convenient blend of beauty and functionality. They make excellent serving dishes and storage containers for leftover food as well. Just cover the cookware with a lid or plastic wrap and keep the leftovers in the fridge or freezer.
Are There Disadvantages to Ceramic Cookware?
One major point of emphasis to consider when you purchase ceramic cookware is the longer cook times. Ceramic cooks best on low or medium heat, so it usually takes a little longer to cook food in ceramic pans than in pans made from other materials. Ceramic pots and pans don’t handle quick temperature changes well. For instance, if you attempt to cook frozen foods in ceramic cookware, it may crack or break entirely because of the temperature difference between the food and the pan.
You should also ensure that the ceramic cookware cools completely before washing it as putting a hot ceramic pan in cold water may cause it to crack or damage the nonstick coating. Ceramic cookware scratches easily. Especially if you use metal utensils on it.
To protect your ceramic dishes and ensure they have a long life, use cooking utensils that are safe for ceramic, like wooden, silicone, plastic, or nylon. Take care not to drop or bang your ceramic cookware or allow it to bend. This may deform the dish and damage the nonstick coating. Although the instructions and care seem more involved and intensive than other cookware materials on the market, the benefits to ceramic cookware far outweigh any extra time or energy it takes to care for ceramic properly.
How Easy is it to Clean Ceramic Cookware?
Generally speaking, ceramic cookware sets are very easy to clean and that’s one of the things that people like most about them. Nevertheless, some are easier to clean than others. Be sure to find out more about how they can be washed too.
Is it ok to put ceramic cookware in the dishwasher?
Some of the products listed above can only be washed by hand and shouldn’t be put in the dishwasher based on the user manual – so please keep that in mind.
A lot of people are on the fence about whether or not they should put their ceramic cookware in the dishwasher. It’s a tough question that many cooks have to answer for themselves, but these questions may help
Does your dishwasher have settings specifically for delicate items like china? If so, then it may be alright since these settings will likely lower how much water pressure there is coming out of the sprayer. If not, you can still load it with other items but then your ceramic cookware may get dinged up from the pressure of the water and soap. Please be careful!
Do the Best Ceramic Cookware Sets Require Seasoning?
Unlike cast iron, ceramic cookware generally doesn’t require seasoning. Some ceramic pots and pans come with instructions on how to season before the first use, and some require seasoning to maintain the nonstick coating. If your pan does require seasoning, use a soft towel to lightly rub about a tablespoon of vegetable oil all over the cooking surface. Then, heat the pan for about 3 minutes on the stove or in a preheated oven. Let the pan cool then wipe away any oil. For best results, treat your pans to a seasoning about twice a year.