Induction burners are a perfect addition to a large home, especially during a festive season. With multiple recipes to try out, there might not be enough space on your stovetop to create your family’s signature holiday dish. Even if the pudding is bubbling on a stovetop, what happens to the carrot soup that you need to get underway?
Instead of slowing down your production or reducing the number of recipes for the holidays, why not get an induction burner? An induction burner is a perfect fit for all types of homes: a large household, an RV, or a small apartment. With safety features built-in, you have the temperature control of a gas burner for your countertop.
Induction burners have cool-to-the-touch surfaces that keep you from making a mess. So you can easily prepare dinner and store away your induction burner in the cabinets alongside your toast machine or waffle maker.
Table of Contents
Top 11 Induction Burners
After extensive research and tests, our selections for the top twelve induction burners are guaranteed to address all your needs. Whether you are looking for the best budget buy or you need even more space and decide to go with a double burner, our roundup review is sure to wow.
Below are the top 12 induction burners reviewed:
NutriChef PKSTIND24 14.2 in Electric Induction Cooktop – Best Overall
- DIGITAL CONTROL PANEL: This Professional Digital Countertop Induction Cooker electric burner Cooktop is equipped with a Digital LCD Display Screen so you can easily monitor the timer, temperature,...
- MANUAL CONTROL: You can manually control the power & temp levels of this kitchen tabletop burner. There are 10 power levels from 100 to 1500 Watt & 10 temperature levels from 140 to 460 degrees...
- SAFE COOKING: With the induction single burner is made to cook with magnetic pans or pan materials.Induction hob, it's the pan itself that generates the heat.with a Built in Child Safety Lock protects...
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: This heavy duty 120v Electric Induction cooktop cooks food by using electromagnets so no heat is lost between the cooking surface & the pot which makes it highly energy-efficient &...
- COMPACT & VERSATILE: This single burner is compatible w/ steel, cast iron, enameled iron, stainless steel, flat bottom pan or pot w/ a diameter of 12 to 26 cm. Lightweight & compact, great for home /...
The NutriChef Electric Induction cooktop is perfect for any cooking project you have, whether you are at home or living in an RV and traveling across state lines.
With this cooktop, you get a total of ten temperature settings, all between 140 and 460 degrees. You also get ten power levels from 100 watts to 1500 watts. With the wide ranges available to you, you can easily select a setting that works perfectly for what you want to prepare.
The Nutrichef Electric will be the perfect companion during mealtimes. You can go from boiling a pot of pasta to sautéing a pan of vegetables due to its wide range.
Apart from its amazingly wide range, the Nutrichef Electric’s single burner design makes it portable. You can use it anywhere imaginable, as long as it has an electricity outlet.
The best part about this model is, it makes your cooking experience safe and easy! You don’t have to worry about the Nutrichef Electric injuring children because it has an inbuilt child safety lock and fan. These two properties let it cool down almost immediately after it’s used.
The inbuilt fan provides child safety, but it does have a downside. The appliance may be a little noisier or less powerful than other similar electric burners. Although to be frank, this is not exactly a flaw, since safety is more important than fast cooking.
Nonetheless, it makes up for this downside with the variety of pots and pans you can use on it, a countdown timer setting, and a digital display screen!
You can use Nutrichef Electric’s induction burner with pots and pans made of popular metals like stainless steel or cast iron. If you already have these pots and pans in your kitchen, don’t wait to cook on the Nutrichef Electric with them!
- Safe to use for both children and adults.
- an inbuilt child lock system
- Has a variety of heat settings
- Single-burner design
- It is noisy
- Can slow down cooking
Cuisinart ICT-60 12 in. Glass Double Induction Cooktop – Best Double
- Induction technology for fast heat-up and consistent heat throughout cooking. Must use with induction-ready cookware
- Dual heat settings: 8 settings on the left burner, 5 settings on the right burner. Dimensions: LWH: 14.25" x 23.5" x 2.5"
- Individual 150-minute timers and ON/OFF switches for each burner
- Heat turns off 30 seconds after pot or pan is removed.UC Cubic Feet: 1.38
We all know the popular saying, “Two are better than one,” and that’s exactly what the Cuisinart ICT-60 proves when you use it. The Cuisinart ICT-60 comes with two burners of different sizes.
The left burner is the bigger and more powerful one, with wattage ranging from 200-1200 W. The right burner has a power range of 200-600 Watts. The Cuisinart ICT-60 has a total wattage of 1800W.
You can use the burners on this unit from Cuisinart simultaneously, and they come with different settings. The left burner comes with eight settings, from low to high. The right burner comes with five temperature settings, from low to moderate/medium. The ICT-60 also comes with separate 150-minute timers, time-temperature displays, and power on/off switches for each burner.
An inbuilt safety protocol of the Cuisinart ICT-60 is, the heat goes off 30 seconds after a pot or pan is removed. Some of its other safety protocols include the unit shutting off after thirty seconds if it detects incompatible pots or pans. Also, the Cuisinart ICT-60 automatically goes off if it is turned on without cookware on it for thirty seconds. This unit also goes off immediately when it begins to overheat.
The best thing about this Cuisinart ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop is that it is made for everyone regardless of age or cooking skills! It’s so portable that it can be used on a daily basis, anywhere you are. All you need is an electrical outlet.
If you want a stylish, classy induction cooktop, the ICT-60 is perfect for you. It has a shiny, attractive black cooking surface. It has its controls on a light section that makes the buttons easy to see.
It is slightly wider than others because of its double burners, but the Cuisinart ICT-60 can still fit into cabinets and on a countertop because of its low profile.
- Easy to install and use
- Multiple heat settings from low to high and low to moderate
- Double burner makes cooking faster and easier
- It is expensive
- It might not be portable enough for some locations
Max Burton 6400 Digital Choice Induction Cooktop – Best Portable
The Max Burton 6400 Digital Induction Cooktop is a portable burner, relatively easy to install and use. It is also very energy-efficient. It weighs about 6 pounds, which makes it easy to move around. This burner will be a perfect fit for a camping trip or life in an RV.
Not only is it lightweight, it is also convenient to use and can be plugged into any standard household outlet. To control this, take a look at the LCD screen display. Max Burton is ideal for home use, outdoor parties, holidays, or office use either as a primary burner or as an extra cooker.
Max Burton 6400 Induction Cooktop features an LCD display with touch-pad controls – one-touch simmer and boil buttons – and works with the standard household outlet of 120V and 15 amps of electricity.
It can heat up to 1800 Watts with ten heat settings allowing you to control the heat in relation to whatever you are cooking. The temperature mode consists of 15 temperature settings, ranging from 100o C to 450o with an increment of 25o.
You can also program your cooking because it has a 180-minute timer, after which it will shut itself down automatically and lock itself during use to prevent setting changes.
Safety is provided through short circuit protection, overheating protection and the limit of 3 hours of continuous, non-stop use. It is also designed to detect over-voltage and unsuitable cookware. Unsuitable cookware includes all cookware without ferrous iron content at the bottom. You can check its compatibility by placing a magnet at the bottom of the cookware to see if it holds.
- It comes with 10 heat settings and 15 temperature settings
- Portable and easy to move around
- 180-minute Programmable Timer
- It doesn’t simmer too well
- The programmable timer is too short
- 8 Temperature Settings from 150 to 450 Degree : 150 Degree, 200 Degree, 260 Degree, 300 Degree, 350 Degree, 400 Degree, 425 Degree, 450 Degree
- Polished Crystal Plate Surface
- LED Large Screen Display, 4 Digitals
- Three-Hour Timer Setting
- Touching Control Panel
Rosewill RHAI-13001 burner is an affordable induction cooktop electric burner made of stainless steel. Even with the low budget, it still offers you a great experience. With 8 temperature settings ranging from 150 to 450 degrees, you can adjust the temperature to suit your cooking. It comes with an LED large screen display unit that has 4 digitals controlled by touch.
While using this cooktop, you can time your cooking since it comes with 180 minutes timer settings, after which it will automatically shut down itself.
However, if you want your cooking to take longer than 3 hours, you will need to set your own timer that resets the burner’s auto-timer after the 3 hours elapses.
The temperature range of 150 degrees to 450 degrees combined with the power levels, which is 8 ranging from 300 to 1800 Watts, allows for superheating. Since it is easily adjustable, it is easy to find what setting suits your cooking. This makes cooking faster, saving you time and energy.
With the Rosewill RHAI-13001 Induction Cooktop, the smallest cookware recommendation is 4” in diameter and a maximum of 10.5”. However, if you are cooking with oil, the minimum pot size recommendation is 8.5”. It does not auto-adjust to pot size like some other products. This burner also comes along with a 10” pan.
- Perfect fit for lower budgets
- 8 temperature settings
- Easy to install and use
- Low noise
- Does not auto-adjust to pot size
Duxtop Professional Portable Induction Cooktop – Sturdiest Burner
- PORTABLE INDUCTION BURNER: Duxtop professional countertop burner uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet–standard in all North American homes. ETL listed and built to North American electrical standards....
- HIGH EFFICIENCY: Choose from 20 preset power levels (100W to 1800W) and 20 preset temperature level settings (100°F to 460°F). With an 83% energy efficiency rating, induction cooker is more...
- SENSOR TOUCH PANEL WITH LCD SCREEN: The sensor touch panel is sensitive to touch and easy to operate. The angle control panel features a large LCD readout display screen, providing easy viewing, even...
- DURABLE & EASY TO CLEAN: The stainless steel construction ensures durability and reliability. Equipped with a 7-blade fan and back tuyere to rapidly dissipate heat. With no open flame or heating...
- 100% SATISFACTION: induction stoves rely on the cookware itself to heat, so it’s essential to choose magnetic bottom cookware with a minimum diameter of 5 inches. Please allow the induction hot...
The Duxtop Professional Portable Induction Cooktop Burner, like other induction cooktop burners, is designed to provide extra-fast heating power. Due to the stainless steel construction, it is durable and reliable. This Duxtop Professional Portable Induction Cooktop can also support up to 65 pounds of weight on its surface. It uses a 120V, 15 Amp electrical outlet standard for Northern American homes.
An important point to note is that it draws up to 15 amps all by itself, so you will need a dedicated circuit if you don’t want to blow fuses or pop breakers.
Duxtop Professional is lightweight, weighing just 13.77 pounds, and portable. This makes it easy to handle, use, and store. It is also considered to be highly efficient with the efficiency owing to 20 preset power levels ranging from 100W to 1800W.
It comes with 20 preset temperature level settings, and also, like the previous ones in its category, the temperature ranges from 100°F to 460°F. Due to the faster heating-up time and cooking time, its efficiency rating is 83%.
Because it is made of stainless steel, it is easier to clean, especially if your cooking boils over. If your cooking spills, it will not burn on the glass cooktop because it is also equipped with a 7-blade fan and back tuyere for the purpose of rapidly dissipating heat. All you have to do is wipe off the smear with a damp towel when it cools down.
Duxtop Professional comes with a sensor touch panel and LCD screen. This is easy to operate, especially since the display screen is easy to view even from a distance. The cooktop has safety measures in place, including auto-pan detection, over-heat protection with a diagnostic error message system, and a low and high voltage warning system.
- Works only with cookware that can be magnetized
- 7-blade fan for rapidly dissipating heat
- Timer settings of up to 10 hours
- Requires a dedicated electrical outlet
- It might be too powerful for some homes’ electricity supply
The Ecotouch professional countertop burner is another induction burner with a cooktop made of a modern crystal glass surface. It is durable and lightweight, weighing 11.23 pounds only, making it convenient for cooking and easy cleanup. It is suitable for home, food trucks, and restaurant use.
With a 240V plug-in design, and power of 3500W, this commercial induction cooktop A80S will fit perfectly into your household. It is easy to control touch heat control, which you can use to change the power setting from 400W to 3500W.
With 13 power levels, 17 preset temperature levels ranging from 140oF to 460oF, and slow simmer settings, this is one versatile cooktop. It is equipped with a max power button so that you can use the highest power setting with just one touch. It also has 4 hours of the built-in countdown timer, which will automatically shut off when the time is up. This makes it easier to control your cooking.
Safety is ensured because, like other induction cooktops, heating is focused directly on the cookware. Equipped with cooling fans, it ensures that the cooktop surface is always cool and reduces scald risk. Protection measures include auto-pan detection, child lock, auto-shutdown protection, and overheating protection.
The Ecotouch Countertop burner’s safety levels are ensured by strict tests listed by ETL and qualify for UL, and you can expect efficient performance for years to come. Durability comes into play due to the structure made of thick stainless steel. Back tuyere and dual 7-blade fans improve the heat dissipation. The board is waterproof, so water cannot get inside the cooktop.
The Ecotouch 3500W commercial induction cooktop is durable and designed to be long-lasting. It comes with a 4.4 premium power cord and a 240V plug. You have to ensure that the voltage and plug type you use is compatible with the rated voltage and plug type of this countertop burner.
There is no need for it to be installed professionally, and you can reach out to customer service if there’s something you don’t understand.
The Ecotouch does not weigh much on your energy bills. Hence, it is more economical and also more environment-friendly. With this cooktop, you can have the type of power output for a slow simmer, which will be a stable, long-lasting low power output. You can also switch to more power using the “max 3500W” button when you need to stir-fry or quick boil.
This burner can instantly heat up and cool down due to the fans underneath, which makes for exceptional temperature control. While there are rotary knobs for power level, temperature, and timer adjustments, the control panel is a digital display touchscreen.
- Low energy consumption
- Auto-pan detection
- Good customer service
- 3500W high power output with a max power button
- It will not work with 120V; it only works off 240V.
- 8 quick launch buttons: Warm, simmer, boil, rapid boil, sauté, brown, sear and stir-fry
- Temperature ranges from 140°f - 465°f and can be adjusted in ten degree increments using the + and – buttons. Safety lock button disables all touch controls on the panel. Temp. Button is used to...
- The cooktop will not work without induction compatible cookware. If no induction compatible cookware is detected, the unit will automatically switch off. To check if your cookware is induction...
- When the Induction Pro in use, There are no flames or gas emissions so the surface stays cool. Spills will not stick or burn onto the glass surface, making it easy to clean
- The Pro is perfect for a college dorm, camper, Studio apartment or wherever a 110V outlet is available. It is lightweight at only 5. 9lbs, making it very easy to transport | 2-year warranty
With 8 quick launch buttons, the Zavor PRO Portable Induction cooktop is a magnetic countertop burner that is extremely easy to use. It comes with 8 preset temperature changes, where it differs from others in which you have to look for the temperature which suits your cooking.
The preset buttons are customized with names referring to how you’d prefer to cook—simmer, warm, boil, sauté, rapid boil, sear, brown, and stir-fry. This is made possible because of the temperature range of 140oF to 465oF, and adjustable over 10-degree increments using the + and – buttons and 1800 watts of power.
A safety lock button is in place to disable all the touch controls on the panel. This locking mechanism helps to keep you from making unintentional adjustments while cooking. It also gives room for you to wipe the surface without activating any settings.
The temperature button is used in activating the cooktop once it is plugged in and with a built-in timer programmable for up to 3 hours (180 minutes). The display will alternate between showing the temperature and the time when you have used the timer. If the Zavor Pro Portable Induction cooktop does not detect any compatible cookware, it will automatically switch off.
The Zavor Pro is portable and lightweight with a weight of 9.05 pounds, making it perfect for camping or hostel use, and it is relatively easy to transport. Connection to 110V outlets is required making it suitable for many households. It comes with a 2-year warranty, and they provide good customer care service with representatives that are ever-ready to listen to you.
- Safe, easy to use, and easy to clean
- Portable and efficient
- Good customer service
- Two-year warranty
- Heat is concentrated mainly in the 5 inches diameter
- [DIGITAL HOT PLATE] Large Screen Display, 4 digits; Built-in Digital 3-Hour Timer setting; Touch Control Panel
- [INDUCTION TECHNOLOGY] Induction cooking eliminates wasted heat compared to traditional gas cooktops. With no traditional heating element included, this cooktop stays cool, increases its efficiency...
- [PORTABLE ELECTRIC COOKTOP] Easily move your burner from countertop to countertop - cook anywhere in the house!
- [8 TEMPERATURE SETTINGS] Temperatures range from - 150 to 450 °: 150 °, 200 °, 260 °, 300 °, 350 °, 400 °, 425 °, 450 °
- [8 POWER LEVES] Range from 300 to 1800 Watts: 300w, 500w, 700w, 1000w, 1200w, 1400w, 1600w, 1800w
Rosewill RHAI-16002 1800 Watt Induction Cooker Cooktop is an 1800 Watt induction cooker cooktop offering you a wonderful cooking experience. As with induction cookers, they are energy efficient, easy to use, heats up quickly, and have a low risk of injury because the cooktop stays cool.
The good news is that this Rosewill RHAI-16002 comes with a stainless steel pot, which is a perfect fit for the induction burner. This burner is easy to operate because of its touch control panel.
It comes with 5 pre-programmed settings: warm milk, soup, stir fry, fry, and hot pot. However, you can choose any of the 8 temperatures and 8 power levels if you want.
The burner weighs 5 pounds, making it lightweight and portable with 15 x 13 x 3 inches. The power supply needed is 120V making it appropriate for every household. You can use it for camping, office, parties, or at-home use.
The Rosewill 1800 comes with an LED large screen display that has 4 digits. It has a built-in timer for up to 24 hours, which means you can use it for long periods and go and relax.
- Safe, easy to use
- Portable and efficient
- 24-hour timer
- Package includes a free pot
- Heat is concentrated mainly in the 5 inches diameter
Warmfod Induction Cooktop Electric Countertop Burner comes with 120V of electricity at a power of 1800W and is made of stainless steel. Coupled with this high temperature is its resistance anti-slip surface.
The heat is displayed in Celsius, Fahrenheit, or by cooking level, depending on which one you choose. 8 power settings are ranging from 300 watts to 1800 watts. The temperature settings range from 140°F to 465°F or 60°C to 240°C.
It also has a built-in timer for up to 3 hours, which will shut off automatically when the countdown timer elapses, also giving an audible signal to signify the end of its operation.
Warmfod guarantees protection and safety via its dual cooling fan design which is much better at heat dissipation than other similar products. This provides better working conditions by protecting the cooker from damage, thereby elongating its life span.
Its 120V, 15 amps design makes it suitable for all homes. The cooktop also includes auto-pan detection, overheating protection with a diagnostic error message system, and a low and high voltage warning system. “L” will be displayed on the cooking surface while the surface cools down while “H” is displayed when the cooking surface is heated up. This helps to prevent burns by informing users of its temperature.
This Warmfod Induction Cooktop Electric Countertop Burner is ETL approved. It comes with a 1-year warranty period.
- Portable and lightweight
- 1-year warranty
- Dual cooling fan system
- Big LCD display
- Diagnostic error message
- Can cause burns for users who don’t take too much care with it.
- Max Burton #6450 Induction Cooktop uses 120V AC Power, standard in all homes. Energy efficient, portable, lightweight and easy to use.
- One touch simmer and boil. New space saving design includes a digital LCD screen and screen lock to prevent setting changes.
- Digital temperature control from 100°F to 450°F, in 25°F increments. Digital timer with 1 minute increments up to 180 minutes.
- Compatible with any induction ready cookware, to include cast aluminum enameled iron and steel, stainless steel with magnetic bottom, cast iron or ANY cookware if used with our 6010 Induction...
- Safety Features Include: auto shut-down in the event of a short circuit, overvoltage or overheating; incompatible cookware is detected; or if operated for over 3 hours
Max Burton #6450 Induction Cooktop makes use of 120V AC power, which is the standard in all homes and does not need extra wiring. It is energy-efficient, portable, lightweight, and easy to use.
It is also operated by a one-touch simmer and boil setting. It comes in a new space-saving design that includes a digital LCD screen and screen lock to prevent setting changes.
The digital temperature control goes from 100°F to 450°F, in 25°F increments. The digital timer climbs with 1-minute increments up to 180 minutes.
Max Burton #6450 is compatible with any induction-ready cookware, including enameled iron, steel, and cast aluminum, cast iron, stainless steel with a magnetic bottom, or any cookware if used with Max Burton’s 6010 Induction Interface Disk.
Safety features include its auto-shutdown settings that are activated in the event of a short circuit, over-voltage or overheating. When incompatible cookware is detected or if operated for over 3 hours, the auto-shutdown takes effect too.
The cooktop will self-adjust to the size of the cookware being used. The Max Burton 6450 Induction Cooktop is lightweight (6 lbs.) and can be used as a primary or secondary burner in the home, dorm, office, boat, RV, or gourmet kitchen.
It is great for entertaining, holidays, outdoor parties, and as an extra cooking space. This is also a fantastic option for foodservice industries where non-NSF equipment is permitted.
- Enhanced safety features
- Portable and efficient
- Digital operating system
- Loud beeps
- Doesn’t work with larger cookware
- 【9 Power and 10 Temperature】Electromagnetic coils are distributed evenly allowing the CUSIMAX induction cooktop to be heated uniformly under 1800W of high power, delivers most of heat to pot,...
- 【Works with Magnetic Induction Cookware】Only compatible with induction cookware,such as cast aluminum,enameled iron and steel, stainless steel with magnetic bottom or cast iron which diameter...
- 【Safety and Rest Assured】The induction cooktop has the Long 3 Hours Timer (increase or decrease by 5 mins) and Child Safety Lock (press + and - button) for the maximum in kids safety. But it's NOT...
- HOW TO USE INDUCTION COOKTOP? First place the magnetic cookware on the induction cooktop, otherwise the induction cooker will display E0 error code, then choose the power or temperature you need.
- 【18-Month-Replacement】CUSIMAX induction cooktop has obtained ETL certification. If you have any problems about the induction cooktop, please feel free to contact us. All CUSIMAX products have...
The CUSIMAX Induction Cooktop contains electromagnetic coils evenly distributed and which allows for uniform heat distribution with a power of 1800 watts. It is efficient, providing quick heating and lesser cooking time while reducing energy expended.
It comes with 10 temperature ranges, from 140℉ to 464℉ and 9 power levels ranging from 200W to 1800W. This allows it to meet different cooking needs such as slow-boiling, frying, steaming, boiling, and so on.
It is only compatible with cookware that has a diameter within the range of 4.7” (12cm) to 10.2″(26cm). If the cooktop does not detect or if improper cookware is used, the induction cooktop will display an error message and immediately shut down after a minute.
This induction cooktop comes with a built-in 3 hours long-timer, child safety lock that can be used for older adults too. Child safety settings can be increased or decreased through the controls. With a digital sensor control panel, it requires only one touch to adjust its temperature, power levels, and timer.
CUSIMAX Induction Cooktop has obtained ETL certification, and if your cooker develops any problems within 18 months, you can always return it.
- Advanced child lock features
- Portable and efficient
- 18-month warranty period
- Auto-pan detection
- Loud buzz of the cooling fan
In most cases, induction burners will make kitchen tasks very easy and require less exertion. Therefore, when you choose the best burner, you must find one that has all the various functions you might require depending on your needs.
Our overall winner is the NutriChef PKSTIND24 14.2 in Electric Induction Cooktop for its wide range of settings, safety features, and ease of use. It is also pretty portable so you can take it anywhere you need to go.
What to Look for in an Induction Burner
After reviewing the top 12 induction burners, we will discuss what you require from any induction burner you want to purchase. It’s hard to leave out one of these baddies in a modern kitchen because of its style, convenience, and safety.
These features make them a good replacement or addition to the conventional gas stoves. But knowing what features to prioritize might take a level of mastery.
What do you look for in an induction burner that will be perfect for you? You must consider your needs first. Some of the most top features to look out for are discussed below:
Power Rate of the Burner
The first point that you need to consider when looking for an induction burner is the power rate. A higher power rate ensures faster cooking. This is a key feature, especially if you intend to do a lot of cooking. The power rate of the induction burner will determine how much cooking it can do within a single period of time.
Note that the higher the power rate, the more expensive it is likely to be. High power rates for burners also cost more. If you can spare the extra cash, it might be a better option to just go for a more expensive burner that can satisfy your needs.
Most induction burner rates are between 1000-2000W. So, if you need something that helps you cook faster, you need to opt for an induction burner with a higher power rate.
For the convenience of the users, some of the latest induction burners come with a preset menu. Basically, the burner already has heat settings that are the perfect temperature to prepare certain dishes.
Depending on the dish that you cook, the preset menu adjusts the temperature of the appliance. So, whether you are making rice, frying vegetables, or boiling water, the induction burner adjusts the temperature accordingly so that you get perfectly cooked dishes with a single touch.
Some of these burners like the Zavor Pro have settings like “cook—warm, simmer, boil, rapid boil, sauté, brown, sear and stir-fry”, making it easy for you to fit the perfect dish with its perfect preset menu.
This is another important factor to consider when looking for an induction cooktop. Modern induction burners such as the ones above have an auto-pan detection feature, which makes sure heating goes off as soon as you remove the cookware from the burner. In addition, if you forget to switch off the appliance, the burner will automatically switch off if the pan is too hot.
Note that not all induction burners have this feature, so always be on the lookout for the ones that do. You might also require additional features like child lock or features that prevent injury to older adults.
Pan Size of the Burner
Every induction burner comes with a minimum and maximum pan size. If the cookware is smaller than the supported pan size, the burner will not detect the pan and won’t start heating the pot.
The size of the cookware needs to match the coil size of the induction burner for maximum efficiency. Some induction burners have auto-adjustment features, while some don’t. Depending on how frequently you intend to use your burner, you might want to look out for the feature.
Portability of the Burner
Depending on the preference of the users, they can choose from a more portable burner or a fixed burner. A portable induction burner makes it convenient for the user to take the appliance anywhere they want. Whether you are planning to cook on your rooftop or backyard, a portable burner makes it easy to carry the appliance anywhere.
A more fixed option might be heavier and have two or more burner options. Finding the perfect portable burner for you requires paying extra attention to sizes, weight, and styles.
You might also want to check which ones can fit with any electrical outlets, especially if you are constantly on the move.
Here are two of the most frequently asked questions regarding induction burners by first-time buyers or people who are considering committing to one:
How Do Induction Burners Work?
An induction burner works by conducting heat through a magnetic field. Your pot or pan is heated by a magnetic field located inside the cooktop.
There is no open flame or exposed heating element, which minimizes the risk of burns to people or surrounding items, making it ideal for both young and old to use.
Some modern induction burners are programmed to auto-adjust to the size of the cookware you want to use for it, irrespective of its size.
Is an Induction Burner the Right Choice for Me?
Deciding whether or not an induction burner is the right investment for you is pretty straightforward, although it might not be an easy choice. If you need extra cooking spaces, are looking for safer cooking means, or just love trying out innovative kitchen ideas, then this is perfect for you.
With the induction cooktop, you get to have energy-efficient cooking, even though it is selective — ferrous containing cookware or at least ferrous iron at the bottom. Induction cooking is also faster as it allows for higher heating.