Induction burners are a perfect addition to a large home, especially during a festive season. With multiple recipes to try out, there might not be enough space on your stovetop to create your family’s signature holiday dish. Even if the pudding is bubbling on a stovetop, what happens to the carrot soup that you need to get underway?
Instead of slowing down your production or reducing the number of recipes for the holidays, why not get an induction burner? An induction burner is a perfect fit for all types of homes: a large household, an RV, or a small apartment. With safety features built-in, you have the temperature control of a gas burner for your countertop.
Induction burners have cool-to-the-touch surfaces that keep you from making a mess. So you can easily prepare dinner and store away your induction burner in the cabinets alongside your toast machine or waffle maker.
Top 5 Best Induction Burners in 2023
After extensive research and tests, our selections for the top twelve induction burners are guaranteed to address all your needs. Whether you are looking for the best budget buy or you need even more space and decide to go with a double burner, our roundup review is sure to wow.
Below are the top 12 induction burners reviewed:
Cuisinart ICT-60 12 in. Glass Double Induction Cooktop – Best Overall
Cuisinart ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop, Black
$214.28 in stock
- Induction technology for fast heat-up and consistent heat throughout cooking. Must use with induction-ready cookware
- Dual heat settings: 8 settings on the left burner, 5 settings on the right burner. Dimensions: LWH: 14.25" x 23.5" x 2.5"
- Individual 150-minute timers and ON/OFF switches for each burner
- Heat turns off 30 seconds after pot or pan is removed.UC Cubic Feet: 1.38
We all know the popular saying, “Two are better than one,” and that’s exactly what the Cuisinart ICT-60 proves when you use it. The Cuisinart ICT-60 comes with two burners of different sizes.
The left burner is the bigger and more powerful one, with wattage ranging from 200-1200 W. The right burner has a power range of 200-600 Watts. The Cuisinart ICT-60 has a total wattage of 1800W.
You can use the burners on this unit from Cuisinart simultaneously, and they come with different settings. The left burner comes with eight settings, from low to high. The right burner comes with five temperature settings, from low to moderate/medium. The ICT-60 also comes with separate 150-minute timers, time-temperature displays, and power on/off switches for each burner.
An inbuilt safety protocol of the Cuisinart ICT-60 is, the heat goes off 30 seconds after a pot or pan is removed. Some of its other safety protocols include the unit shutting off after thirty seconds if it detects incompatible pots or pans. Also, the Cuisinart ICT-60 automatically goes off if it is turned on without cookware on it for thirty seconds. This unit also goes off immediately when it begins to overheat.
The best thing about this Cuisinart ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop is that it is made for everyone regardless of age or cooking skills! It’s so portable that it can be used on a daily basis, anywhere you are. All you need is an electrical outlet.
If you want a stylish, classy induction cooktop, the ICT-60 is perfect for you. It has a shiny, attractive black cooking surface. It has its controls on a light section that makes the buttons easy to see.
It is slightly wider than others because of its double burners, but the Cuisinart ICT-60 can still fit into cabinets and on a countertop because of its low profile.
- Easy to install and use
- Multiple heat settings from low to high and low to moderate
- Double burner makes cooking faster and easier
- It is expensive
- It might not be portable enough for some locations
Rosewill Induction Cooker 1800 Watt, Induction Cooktop, Electric Burner with Stainless Steel Pot 10" 3.5 QT 18-8, RHAI-13001
- 8 Temperature Settings from 150 to 450 Degree : 150 Degree, 200 Degree, 260 Degree, 300 Degree, 350 Degree, 400 Degree, 425 Degree, 450 Degree
- Polished Crystal Plate Surface
- LED Large Screen Display, 4 Digitals
- Three-Hour Timer Setting
- Touching Control Panel
Rosewill RHAI-13001 burner is an affordable induction cooktop electric burner made of stainless steel. Even with the low budget, it still offers you a great experience. With 8 temperature settings ranging from 150 to 450 degrees, you can adjust the temperature to suit your cooking. It comes with an LED large screen display unit that has 4 digitals controlled by touch.
While using this cooktop, you can time your cooking since it comes with 180 minutes timer settings, after which it will automatically shut down itself.
However, if you want your cooking to take longer than 3 hours, you will need to set your own timer that resets the burner’s auto-timer after the 3 hours elapses.
The temperature range of 150 degrees to 450 degrees combined with the power levels, which is 8 ranging from 300 to 1800 Watts, allows for superheating. Since it is easily adjustable, it is easy to find what setting suits your cooking. This makes cooking faster, saving you time and energy.
With the Rosewill RHAI-13001 Induction Cooktop, the smallest cookware recommendation is 4” in diameter and a maximum of 10.5”. However, if you are cooking with oil, the minimum pot size recommendation is 8.5”. It does not auto-adjust to pot size like some other products. This burner also comes along with a 10” pan.
- Perfect fit for lower budgets
- 8 temperature settings
- Easy to install and use
- Low noise
- Does not auto-adjust to pot size
Duxtop Professional Portable Induction Cooktop – Sturdiest Burner
Duxtop Professional Portable Induction Cooktop, Commercial Range Countertop Burner, 1800 Watts Induction Burner with Sensor Touch and LCD Screen, P961LS/BT-C35-D
$165.99 in stock
21 used from $141.09
- PORTABLE INDUCTION BURNER: Duxtop professional countertop burner uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet–standard in all North American homes. ETL listed and built to North American electrical standards. Lightweight, portable induction cooktop makes handling and storage easy.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY: Choose from 20 preset power levels (100W to 1800W) and 20 preset temperature level settings (100°F to 460°F). With an 83% energy efficiency rating, induction cooker is more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves yet provides quick heat-up and faster cooking times.
- SENSOR TOUCH PANEL WITH LCD SCREEN: The sensor touch panel is sensitive to touch and easy to operate. The angle control panel features a large LCD readout display screen, providing easy viewing, even from a distance.
- DURABLE & EASY TO CLEAN: The stainless steel construction ensures durability and reliability. Equipped with a 7-blade fan and back tuyere to rapidly dissipate heat. With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so it's easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel.
- 100% SATISFACTION: induction stoves rely on the cookware itself to heat, so it’s essential to choose magnetic bottom cookware with a minimum diameter of 5 inches. Please allow the induction hot plate to cool down before cleaning. Manufactured for reliable and durable performance in commercial and professional settings such as restaurants, industrial kitchens and other catering services.
The Duxtop Professional Portable Induction Cooktop Burner, like other induction cooktop burners, is designed to provide extra-fast heating power. Due to the stainless steel construction, it is durable and reliable. This Duxtop Professional Portable Induction Cooktop can also support up to 65 pounds of weight on its surface. It uses a 120V, 15 Amp electrical outlet standard for Northern American homes.
An important point to note is that it draws up to 15 amps all by itself, so you will need a dedicated circuit if you don’t want to blow fuses or pop breakers.
Duxtop Professional is lightweight, weighing just 13.77 pounds, and portable. This makes it easy to handle, use, and store. It is also considered to be highly efficient with the efficiency owing to 20 preset power levels ranging from 100W to 1800W.
It comes with 20 preset temperature level settings, and also, like the previous ones in its category, the temperature ranges from 100°F to 460°F. Due to the faster heating-up time and cooking time, its efficiency rating is 83%.
Because it is made of stainless steel, it is easier to clean, especially if your cooking boils over. If your cooking spills, it will not burn on the glass cooktop because it is also equipped with a 7-blade fan and back tuyere for the purpose of rapidly dissipating heat. All you have to do is wipe off the smear with a damp towel when it cools down.
Duxtop Professional comes with a sensor touch panel and LCD screen. This is easy to operate, especially since the display screen is easy to view even from a distance. The cooktop has safety measures in place, including auto-pan detection, over-heat protection with a diagnostic error message system, and a low and high voltage warning system.
- Works only with cookware that can be magnetized
- 7-blade fan for rapidly dissipating heat
- Timer settings of up to 10 hours
- Requires a dedicated electrical outlet
- It might be too powerful for some homes’ electricity supply
Zavor PRO Portable Induction Cooktop, Magnetic Countertop Burner with 8 Pre-sets and 325°F Temperature Range, 1800W, Black (ZSEPR01)
- 8 quick launch buttons: Warm, simmer, boil, rapid boil, sauté, brown, sear and stir-fry
- Temperature ranges from 140°f - 465°f and can be adjusted in ten degree increments using the + and – buttons. Safety lock button disables all touch controls on the panel. Temp. Button is used to activate the Cook-Top once it’s plugged in. The built-in timer is programmable up to 180 minutes
- The cooktop will not work without induction compatible cookware. If no induction compatible cookware is detected, the unit will automatically switch off. To check if your cookware is induction compatible, just take a refrigerator magnet and see If it sticks to the bottom of your pan/pot. If it sticks, your cookware is compatible
- When the Induction Pro in use, There are no flames or gas emissions so the surface stays cool. Spills will not stick or burn onto the glass surface, making it easy to clean
- The Pro is perfect for a college dorm, camper, Studio apartment or wherever a 110V outlet is available. It is lightweight at only 5. 9lbs, making it very easy to transport | 2-year warranty
With 8 quick launch buttons, the Zavor PRO Portable Induction cooktop is a magnetic countertop burner that is extremely easy to use. It comes with 8 preset temperature changes, where it differs from others in which you have to look for the temperature which suits your cooking.
The preset buttons are customized with names referring to how you’d prefer to cook—simmer, warm, boil, sauté, rapid boil, sear, brown, and stir-fry. This is made possible because of the temperature range of 140oF to 465oF, and adjustable over 10-degree increments using the + and – buttons and 1800 watts of power.
A safety lock button is in place to disable all the touch controls on the panel. This locking mechanism helps to keep you from making unintentional adjustments while cooking. It also gives room for you to wipe the surface without activating any settings.
The temperature button is used in activating the cooktop once it is plugged in and with a built-in timer programmable for up to 3 hours (180 minutes). The display will alternate between showing the temperature and the time when you have used the timer. If the Zavor Pro Portable Induction cooktop does not detect any compatible cookware, it will automatically switch off.
The Zavor Pro is portable and lightweight with a weight of 9.05 pounds, making it perfect for camping or hostel use, and it is relatively easy to transport. Connection to 110V outlets is required making it suitable for many households. It comes with a 2-year warranty, and they provide good customer care service with representatives that are ever-ready to listen to you.
- Safe, easy to use, and easy to clean
- Portable and efficient
- Good customer service
- Two-year warranty
- Heat is concentrated mainly in the 5 inches diameter
Induction Cooktop, CUSIMAX 1800W Portable Induction Burner with Timer, Sensor Touch Countertop Burner, 10 Temperature and 9 Power Setting, Kids Safety Lock for Cast Iron, Stainless Steel Cookware
- 【9 Power and 10 Temperature】Electromagnetic coils are distributed evenly allowing the CUSIMAX induction cooktop to be heated uniformly under 1800W of high power, delivers most of heat to pot, provides quick heat-up and greatly reduce cooking time, more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves , saving time and energe! 9 Power Level 200w to 1800w and 10 Temperature range 140℉ to 464℉, can meet different cooking needs: frying, boiling, steam, slow boiling and so on.
- 【Works with Magnetic Induction Cookware】Only compatible with induction cookware,such as cast aluminum,enameled iron and steel, stainless steel with magnetic bottom or cast iron which diameter should be in 4.7”(12cm) to 10.2"(26cm) in order to work correctly. If the cookware is not be detected or use improper cookware, the induction cooktop will show E0 error and automatically shut down the device after 60 seconds.
- 【Safety and Rest Assured】The induction cooktop has the Long 3 Hours Timer (increase or decrease by 5 mins) and Child Safety Lock (press + and - button) for the maximum in kids safety. But it's NOT just for kids. GREAT for "older" folks as well! With digital sensor touch control panel, just one touch slightly to adjust temperature, power and timer. No open flame or and no gas, much safer than a gas stove!
- HOW TO USE INDUCTION COOKTOP? First place the magnetic cookware on the induction cooktop, otherwise the induction cooker will display E0 error code, then choose the power or temperature you need.
- 【18-Month-Replacement】CUSIMAX induction cooktop has obtained ETL certification. If you have any problems about the induction cooktop, please feel free to contact us. All CUSIMAX products have 18-Monthy-Replacement.
The CUSIMAX Induction Cooktop contains electromagnetic coils evenly distributed and which allows for uniform heat distribution with a power of 1800 watts. It is efficient, providing quick heating and lesser cooking time while reducing energy expended.
It comes with 10 temperature ranges, from 140℉ to 464℉ and 9 power levels ranging from 200W to 1800W. This allows it to meet different cooking needs such as slow-boiling, frying, steaming, boiling, and so on.
It is only compatible with cookware that has a diameter within the range of 4.7” (12cm) to 10.2″(26cm). If the cooktop does not detect or if improper cookware is used, the induction cooktop will display an error message and immediately shut down after a minute.
This induction cooktop comes with a built-in 3 hours long-timer, child safety lock that can be used for older adults too. Child safety settings can be increased or decreased through the controls. With a digital sensor control panel, it requires only one touch to adjust its temperature, power levels, and timer.
CUSIMAX Induction Cooktop has obtained ETL certification, and if your cooker develops any problems within 18 months, you can always return it.
- Advanced child lock features
- Portable and efficient
- 18-month warranty period
- Auto-pan detection
- Loud buzz of the cooling fan
In most cases, induction burners will make kitchen tasks very easy and require less exertion. Therefore, when you choose the best burner, you must find one that has all the various functions you might require depending on your needs.
Our overall winner is the Cuisinart ICT-60 12 in. Glass Double Induction Cooktop in Electric Induction Cooktop for its wide range of settings, safety features, and ease of use. It is also pretty portable so you can take it anywhere you need to go.
What to Look for in an Induction Burner
After reviewing the top 12 induction burners, we will discuss what you require from any induction burner you want to purchase. It’s hard to leave out one of these baddies in a modern kitchen because of its style, convenience, and safety.
These features make them a good replacement or addition to the conventional gas stoves. But knowing what features to prioritize might take a level of mastery.
What do you look for in an induction burner that will be perfect for you? You must consider your needs first. Some of the most top features to look out for are discussed below:
Power Rate of the Burner
The first point that you need to consider when looking for an induction burner is the power rate. A higher power rate ensures faster cooking. This is a key feature, especially if you intend to do a lot of cooking. The power rate of the induction burner will determine how much cooking it can do within a single period of time.
Note that the higher the power rate, the more expensive it is likely to be. High power rates for burners also cost more. If you can spare the extra cash, it might be a better option to just go for a more expensive burner that can satisfy your needs.
Most induction burner rates are between 1000-2000W. So, if you need something that helps you cook faster, you need to opt for an induction burner with a higher power rate.
For the convenience of the users, some of the latest induction burners come with a preset menu. Basically, the burner already has heat settings that are the perfect temperature to prepare certain dishes.
Depending on the dish that you cook, the preset menu adjusts the temperature of the appliance. So, whether you are making rice, frying vegetables, or boiling water, the induction burner adjusts the temperature accordingly so that you get perfectly cooked dishes with a single touch.
Some of these burners like the Zavor Pro have settings like “cook—warm, simmer, boil, rapid boil, sauté, brown, sear and stir-fry”, making it easy for you to fit the perfect dish with its perfect preset menu.
This is another important factor to consider when looking for an induction cooktop. Modern induction burners such as the ones above have an auto-pan detection feature, which makes sure heating goes off as soon as you remove the cookware from the burner. In addition, if you forget to switch off the appliance, the burner will automatically switch off if the pan is too hot.
Note that not all induction burners have this feature, so always be on the lookout for the ones that do. You might also require additional features like child lock or features that prevent injury to older adults.
Pan Size of the Burner
Every induction burner comes with a minimum and maximum pan size. If the cookware is smaller than the supported pan size, the burner will not detect the pan and won’t start heating the pot.
The size of the cookware needs to match the coil size of the induction burner for maximum efficiency. Some induction burners have auto-adjustment features, while some don’t. Depending on how frequently you intend to use your burner, you might want to look out for the feature.
Portability of the Burner
Depending on the preference of the users, they can choose from a more portable burner or a fixed burner. A portable induction burner makes it convenient for the user to take the appliance anywhere they want. Whether you are planning to cook on your rooftop or backyard, a portable burner makes it easy to carry the appliance anywhere.
A more fixed option might be heavier and have two or more burner options. Finding the perfect portable burner for you requires paying extra attention to sizes, weight, and styles.
You might also want to check which ones can fit with any electrical outlets, especially if you are constantly on the move.
Here are two of the most frequently asked questions regarding induction burners by first-time buyers or people who are considering committing to one:
How Do Induction Burners Work?
An induction burner works by conducting heat through a magnetic field. Your pot or pan is heated by a magnetic field located inside the cooktop.
There is no open flame or exposed heating element, which minimizes the risk of burns to people or surrounding items, making it ideal for both young and old to use.
Some modern induction burners are programmed to auto-adjust to the size of the cookware you want to use for it, irrespective of its size.
Is an Induction Burner the Right Choice for Me?
Deciding whether or not an induction burner is the right investment for you is pretty straightforward, although it might not be an easy choice. If you need extra cooking spaces, are looking for safer cooking means, or just love trying out innovative kitchen ideas, then this is perfect for you.
With the induction cooktop, you get to have energy-efficient cooking, even though it is selective — ferrous containing cookware or at least ferrous iron at the bottom. Induction cooking is also faster as it allows for higher heating.