A rice dispenser may not necessarily be a must-have in the kitchen. However, for those who use rice on a regular basis, it is definitely a convenient thing to have around.
Here is everything you need to know about rice dispensers, as well as a few recommendations on the best ones out there in the market.
RELATED: Best Stainless-Steel Cookware Sets (Top 5 Ranked)
Rice Dispenser | What You Need to Know
The Benefits of Having a Rice Dispenser
Rice dispensers have a number of benefits. These include the following:
- Rice dispensers are perfect for grain storage
With a rice dispenser, you no longer need to worry about dust, bugs, or moisture getting into the rice. Any good rice dispenser has an airtight lid that keeps grains fresh for as long as possible.
Plus, rice dispensers are designed to be filled up from the top and to dispense rice from the bottom. This helps you ensure that you finish your old batch of rice before you start using any new rice you may have purchased.
Unless you stop using your dispenser for a few years, you never have to worry about getting old rice from it.
- They are tidy
Leaving grains in bags that are half-open can be messy and annoying as they can cause spills everywhere. With a rice dispenser, this problem becomes much rarer as it not only gets rid of spills, but it also reduces clutter from having multiple opened bags of rice.
Clever cooks also often use dispensers to store rice, beans, and other whole grains as well. Some even use dispensers to store other food items like flour in bags on top of the rice to protect them from the elements.
- Rice dispensers will help you save money
Pretty much anything bought in bulk is often cheaper. However, not everyone has that extra space for a sack of rice. This is where rice dispensers come in.
This ingenious device can easily fit a few pounds of rice on your kitchen counter without occupying a large space. As a result, you’ll be able to avoid the extra cost of buying rice in small quantities.
- They help in measuring rice
With a dispenser, you can easily get a fixed and pre-selected amount of rice with the press of a button.
Depending on the dispenser, you may have the option to choose from 1 to 3 pre-selected amounts. This often ranges from a quarter of a cup to a single cup of rice per button push.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Rice Dispenser
With all these benefits, buying a rice dispenser is the logical next step! Before you go shopping, however, make sure to consider the following factors:
If you’ve decided to get yourself a rice dispenser, then it is most likely that rice is a staple in your kitchen. It should only follow that your dispenser is made of nothing but high-quality and durable materials that will last long.
Most rice dispensers are made of plastic. If you’re planning on getting one made of this material, just make sure that it is strong and non-toxic. None of the parts of the dispenser should feel flimsy, especially when it comes to the drawer and buttons.
If plastic isn’t for you, then you can also opt for the less common stainless steel dispensers out there.
Before buying your rice dispenser, think about the quantity of rice you usually get on your typical grocery run.
Do you buy rice in the more common 25-pound bags? Or maybe you prefer to have a large stock of it at all times? If so, then make sure that your dispenser has a maximum storage capacity that can hold all the rice in your home.
While resealable rice bags are available in the market, keeping your rice in these bags and storing them in the cupboard defeats the entire purpose of having a dispenser.
Regular rice dispensers rarely come in fashionable designs. Instead, they often have those same white or cream colors with bodies that look similar to desktop computer towers.
This works easily for people who prefer simple designs or those who will place their rice dispensers in inconspicuous areas. A rice dispenser that has a modern minimalistic design and soft edges, for example, will look good in almost any kitchen.
For more particular cooks, however, having a rice dispenser with a unique design is a must. Contemporary kitchens that have a lot of steel devices and details, on the other hand, would look great if equipped with a stainless steel dispenser.
The size of your rice dispenser will depend largely on the capacity. Before purchasing one, make sure to consider not just how much rice you buy at a time, but also the space you have on your kitchen counter or pantry for it.
Order a dispenser that has a large enough capacity for your needs, but a size that is small enough to fit in your designated space.
Fresh rice is better ensured with a clean container. Before buying a dispenser, make sure that it is easy to clean.
Look for ones with detachable parts like a removable bin. This is especially important for the parts that come in contact with the grains.
Before making your purchase, go through some reviews to check how the device performs. Does rice spill out when it’s not supposed to? Is the container seal airtight?
Another important factor to consider is its dispensing qualities. A truly convenient dispenser lets you control exactly how much rice spills out of it with every press of a button.
Now that you know all the factors to consider before buying a rice dispenser, here is a list of the best rice dispensers out there.
RELATED: Top 5 Factors To Consider When Buying Kitchen Gadgets
1. Aroma Housewares ARD-125 Rice Dispenser
- Material: Aluminum
- Dimensions: 16.54” x 7.09” x 17.32”
- Capacity: 22 lbs.
The Aroma Housewares ARD-125 Rice Dispenser is perfect for a wide variety of applications. The dispenser’s 22lbs capacity means that it can easily hold a wide variety of foods like beans, grains, and even dog food.
Aroma Housewares Rice Despenser, 7.25 x 16.5 x 16.5 inches, White
- HUGE CAPACITY: Aroma’s rice dispensers are upgraded with even more storage and space-saving features; Now you can pour 27 pounds of rice or dried grains inside!
- AUTO MEASURING: Measure your rice cup with a single touch; This rice storage container automatically funnels 180ml into the dispensing drawer – just push the lever.
- AIRTIGHT SEAL: Keep grains fresh for even longer; The sleek white dispenser is fitted with a sealed lid and dispenser drawer that keep moisture and stale air out.
- CONVENIENT REFILLS: With our upgraded, clear-view window and capacity lines, it’s easy to see when you’re running low; Simply lift the removable lid and pour rice inside.
- BUILT FOR LIFE: This rice storage bin is designed with hidden wheels; so you can easily roll it across your countertop; Plus, the grain dispenser is pretty enough to show off!
It also has a one-touch button press design that releases one cup of its contents with every push. The dispenser is also equipped with a funnel dispensing mechanism so that its contents dispense smoothly every time it is used.
2. Panghuhu88 Rice Dispenser
- Material: Polypropylene (PP)
- Dimensions: 13.2” x 8.7” x 14.8”
- Capacity: 22 lbs.
The Panghuhu88 Rice Dispenser is a countertop dispenser that is capable of holding as much as 22 lbs of rice. With a sealed and locked cover, you can be sure that your grains are kept fresh and away from pests and moisture.
Panghuhu88 Rice Dispenser, 22 Lbs Rice Storage Container Bin with Measuring Cup, Measurable Dispenser Rice Bucket, Airtight Plastic Rice Holder for Rice Bean Grain Cereal
- Intelligent Design: This rice dispenser countertop is large enough, and the large capacity of 22 pounds can meet the needs of your whole family. It has a sealed and locked cover to prevent moisture and effectively keep the grain fresh. The transparent design allows you to clearly see the remaining ingredients inside.
- Stay Fresh: The rice container storage is made of PP material. You can store dry food, pet food, cereal, beans, oats, oatmeal, flour, wheat, millet, corn and rice in it.
- Easy to Use: The rice storage container has a large-caliber entrance, so the rice can be easily introduced without spilling. The cone-shaped funnel design, first-in-first-out, can ensure that the old rice comes out first. Rotate the button to release the rice.
- Multifunctional Rice Drawer: There is a drawer for rice at the bottom to ensure that no grain are wasted, allowing you to take rice more conveniently. It can save food and protect the environment.
- Moisture-Proof: This rice storage box has good sealing properties, which can block moisture in the air, ensure that the particles are dry, and the rice is fresh.
It also has a transparent bin, which allows you to see clearly how much is left inside.
This dispenser is made of PP materials and has a large entrance, so you can easily refill it without spilling. It also has a smooth funnel design, so you can be sure that old rice always comes out first even if you refill it without finishing its contents.
3. U-miss Rice Dispenser
- Material: Plastic
- Dimensions: 13.4” x 6.7” x 16.1”
- Capacity: 25 lbs.
The U-miss Rice Dispenser is known for having a smaller size and more compact design while still maintaining a larger maximum capacity of up to 25 lbs.
U-miss 25 Lbs Rice Dispenser, Large Grain Container Storage with Lid Measuring Cylinder Moisture Proof Household Cereal Dispenser Bucket for Kitchen Soybean Corn
- Large capacity: The rice dispenser can hold 22-25 pounds of rice or other grains. (Hint: Capacity varies with food density).
- One Touch Dispense: Conveniently adjust and measure amounts of rice dispensed with just one touch.
- Measuring Cup with Scale: Package includes rice measuring cup with scale, which allows for accurate measure of amounts dispensed.
- Wide Application: Usable for wide range of grains, from rice, to seeds and pasta or cereals.
- Safe & High-Quality: BPA-Free material bottle body, high permeability, you dont need to worry about the safety of the material
This dispenser also has a scale window so you see exactly how much rice or grains is left in the bin. It also comes with a measuring cup with a scale so you can accurately measure the amount of rice dispensed.
The U-miss Rice Dispenser is made of safe and high-quality materials. Its body is constructed of BPA-free plastics so you never have to worry about your food getting contaminated by unwanted chemicals.
4. WAQIA 6-Grid Rice and Food Dispenser
- Material: Plastic
- Dimensions: 16.23” x 13.91” x 6.86”
- Capacity: 26 liters
The WAQIA 6-Grid Rice and Food Dispenser are one of the most convenient dispensers out there. It stands out from the other items on this list as it is equipped with divisions that allow it to hold as many as 6 different food items.
WAQIA Rice Dispenser Food Dispenser 26LB Rice Bucket, 6-Grid Rice Storage Dry Food Dispenser Grain Storage Dried Fruit Food Storage Box
The rice dispenser can be placed both on the ground or on a table. It also comes with a bowl that catches food or snacks once dispensed.
5. HOUSALE Wall Mounted Rice Dispenser
- Material: Plastic
- Dimensions: 11.8” x 5.9” x 13.4”
- Capacity: 12 lbs.
If you’re looking to save space, then the HOUSALE Wall Mounted Rice Dispenser is perfect for you. Not only is it equipped with 3 compartments for storing 3 different food items, but it also comes with a buckle on the back for hanging on a wall.
Rice Dispenser, 13LBs Rice Storage Container 3 Grids Wall Mounted Dry Food Dispenser Large Sealed Grain Container Storage with Measuring Cup for Kitchen Rice & Beans
- ★WALL MOUNTED DESIGN: The rice dispenser has a buckle on the back and can be hung on the wall with a hook, strong carrying capacity, sturdy and durable. Equip with non-marking adhesive, easy to install on the wall or refrigerator door, saving space on kitchen countertop.
- ★3 COMPARTMENTS: The food dispenser has 3 compartments for sorting and storing daily foods such as rice, red beans, barley, coffee beans, millet. And the partitions are detachable, you can adjust the size of each grid according to your needs. Not for oatmeal, cereal.
- ★PP MATERIAL: The dry food dispenser is made of food-grade pp material, strong and durable, not easy to break, can maximize the freshness of the food and extend the food storage time. design with clear visual for easy to see the remaining amount, convenient and timely addition.
- ★USING EASYILY: Comes with a measuring cup, put it under the dispenser, press the button to take out the food, great for portion control and preventing food from spilling over. The top lid can be removed, and the large opening design makes it easy to add food.
- ★WHAT YOU GET: A large capacity dry food dispenser (it can hold 12 lb). With funnel design, first in and first out, every grain is fresh. If you have any questions or dissatisfaction with the product, please feel free to contact us by E-mail, we will reply for you within 24 hours.
This dispenser is made of high-quality, food-grade PP material that is extremely durable. It can hold as much as 12 lbs. of grains and is built with a funnel design that ensures fresh rice or grains come out with every press.
It also has a large opening, so refilling the food items inside is much easier. Plus, it comes with a measuring cup that can be placed under the dispenser for better portion control.
If rice is a staple in your everyday meals, then having a rice dispenser is definitely the better solution to your rice and grains storage needs. Before making your purchase, make sure to consider all the factors listed above, and choose from the items on our list of the best rice dispensers out there.
Do you have other rice dispenser suggestions that you think should have made it on this list? Share them with us in the comments section below!
- Why Are Carbon Steel Pans The Best Option For You?
- A Home Cook’s Guide To The Different Types Of Frying Pans
- Best Ceramic Cookware Sets 2021 – Top 5 Reviewed