Table of Contents
Before you buy
Some of you might feel that picking the best cookware set is overwhelming at times due to the sheer options we are endowed with. Cookware sets are important for your kitchen as they ensure that it is easy to prepare meals.
The truth is, buying the best cookware set might seem overwhelming but once you know what to look for, choosing one will be a walk in the park.
You need to take into consideration factors such as the quality of the pot, durability, size, and number of pieces.
The good news is that we have put together the best cookware set reviews to ease your burden when making this important purchase. We have reviewed all types to ensure you get what fits your needs perfectly.
One other thing you need to know for sure before choosing a cookware set is whether or not it will fit in your budget.
It’s a good idea to know what you’re looking for before making any shopping decisions as it will help you get the best value for your money.
In this article, we have reviewed 5 of the best cookware sets currently available on Amazon so let’s get started.
The Best Cuisinart Cookware Lines
Best for Fine Cooking
Cuisinart French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless 10-Piece Cookware Set
$309.99 in stock
1 used from $350.00
- Stainless 10-piece set
- Tri-ply stainless steel
- Stay-cool stainless handles
- Lifetime warranty
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
One of the French Classic’s best features is how it heats up and cooks food evenly. The aluminum core is covered with thick stainless steel, which gives it a mirror-like shine. It gets hot fast and is easy to control the heat. There is an aluminum disc on the base that makes sure it reaches maximum efficiency when cooking food.
It heats up evenly, is highly responsive, and efficient enough to cook with or heat your food up evenly throughout its surface area.
Just be careful with these Cuisinart pans; they can get warped if you use them on high heat. Besides, you won’t need much heat for it to perform well in the first place.
I found that the double boiler was great for making yogurt. The handles never got hot, and the pots heat up slowly, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally scalding milk.
The tall tri-ply flared sides are perfect for whisking and stirring. You can be certain that none of your food will get stuck in the corners which is great when it comes to cleaning up.
It’s suitable for all type of stovetops including induction, gas, electric, halogen and glass-ceramic. The set includes stainless steel lids that are suitable for boiling water and simmering.
This line may be slightly hard on the pocket, but it feels like you get an authentic top-notch dining experience with it.
- Beautiful, mirror-like appearance.
- Sturdy, tight-fitting lids.
- Comes with an excellent double boiler.
- Hefty, substantial weight.
- Difficult for pouring.
- Prone to warping under high heat.
Best for Durability
12 Piece Cookware Set by Cuisinart, MultiClad Pro Triple Ply, Silver, MCP-12N
$248.94 in stock
- SET INCLUDES: 1.5 Quart saucepan with cover, 3 Quart saucepan with cover, 3.5 Quart sauté pan with helper handle and cover, 8 Quart stockpot with cover, 8" skillet, 10" skillet, 20cm steamer insert with cover
- DURABLE DESIGN: Elegant and contemporary, the professional Triple Ply Construction features a core of pure aluminum and a handsome brushed stainless finish. Heat Surround Technology allows for even heat distribution along the bottom and sidewalls of the cookware. Cookware also features Cool Grip handles secured with stainless steel rivets, self-basting and tight-fitting lids
- COOKING AND CLEANING: Polished cooking surface does not discolor, react with food or alter flavors. Tight-fitting stainless steel covers seal in food's natural juices and nutrients for healthier, more flavorful results. Cookware and covers are dishwasher safe
- OVEN SAFE: Oven safe up to 550 degrees F with rims tapered for a drip-free pouring experience. Suitable for use with induction cook tops as well
- COMMITMENT TO QUALITY: Inspired by the great French kitchens, Cuisinart began making professional cookware almost 30 years ago. Constructed of the finest materials available to perfectly perform all the classic cooking techniques, Cuisinart cookware continues a long tradition of excellence. Our commitment to quality and innovation continues with our MultiClad Pro Stainless cookware, designed to meet the demands of gourmet chefs everywhere
Like the French Classic, the Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel set comes with tri-ply stainless steel material and excellent heat distribution.
The handle is flawlessly attached to the pan with no gaps in between. The lids are heavy and fit tightly on the pot which means that you won’t need to worry about spilling your food all over the place when transporting it.
It has riveted handles, which ensures that they remain cool during use, but it still requires an oven mitt to pick up. Otherwise, you might burn your hands.
In addition to that, it’s oven safe up to 500 degrees and dishwasher safe. The set comes with a lifetime warranty and is suitable for all kinds of cooktops including induction.
Beware that it can scratch more painlessly than other pots. It’s nothing a cleaner like Bar Keepers Friend can’t fix, but it does mean you’ll have to give it higher maintenance.
Also, the grip is a little thin on the smaller pans. When transferring sauces from pan to dish, I’ve seen how a weak grip can make you tip it on the counter instead. So, I’d recommend using a glove with this set.
Regardless, the Multiclad Pro is durable and sturdy. I found that it can last you 3 years and still look good as new with proper care.
- Fit for pouring.
- Contemporary brushed steel finish.
- Durable, heavy-duty feel.
- Comes with a steamer.
- Vulnerable to scratching.
- Thin handles.
Best for Health
Cuisinart Chef's Classic Non-Stick Hard Anodized, 17-Piece, Cookware Set
- SET INCLUDES: 1 Quart saucepan with glass cover, 2 Quart saucepan with glass cover, 3 Quart saucepan with glass cover, 3.5 Quart sauté pan with helper and glass cover, 4 Quart dutch oven with glass cover, 8 Quart stockpot with glass cover, 8” nonstick skillet, 10” nonstick skillet, 12” nonstick skillet with glass cover, 20cm steamer insert with cover
- SUPERIOR STRENGTH: The strong anodized exterior is harder than stainless steel. Each piece is dense, nonporous, and highly wear-resistant for extra durability and professional performance
- PREMIUM COOKING: Experience professional performance with a premium nonstick cooking surface reinforced with Titanium, which provides lasting food release you can taste. Each piece is oven safe to 500 F, with glass lids that are oven safe up to 350 F. This cookware set gives you versatility to cook on the stovetop or in the oven
- CLEANING & CARE: Care-cookware should be washed by hand with hot sudsy water and a sponge or soft dishcloth. Do not put in the dishwasher since harsh detergents will harm exterior finish of the cookware set
- EXCEPTIONAL HANDLING: Cookware set equipped with solid stainless steel riveted stick handles that stay cool on the stovetop and provide a safe and solid grip every time. Each rim designed to be drip-free for a clean and precise pour
If you prefer glass lids over steel ones, this is a good bet. But beware that Chef’s Classic Non-Stick Hard Anodized set has metal handles and lids that can heat up quickly.
Cuisinart went through an entire lot of trouble to perfect the multilayer technique they used for this set. Not only are there multiple layers of stainless steel and aluminum, but also a flat disk in the base layer.
The exterior is covered with black nonstick coating, which makes it suitable for all kinds of cooktops including induction. However, please be aware that when using this on high-heat cooking methods you might end up with food stuck to the bottom.
A unique feature included in Chef’s Classic Non-Stick Hard Anodized is the tempered glass lids that are oven safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. They come in handy when stirring your food while cooking, or boiling water in less time than usual because you won’t have to remove the lid and let extra steam out.
Nonetheless, this is a pleasant set for healthy cooking since the non-stick cookware coating means you don’t need to use oils.
Plus, they have one unique feature: measuring marks on every pan. The marks come in handy when I want to cook, but most of my measuring tools are in the wash.
- Glass, interchangeable lids.
- Measurement markings on all pans.
- Nonstick cooking material.
- Sturdy against scratches.
- Not dishwasher friendly.
- Some handles and lids get hot.
- Saucepan is small.
Best for Versatile Use
Cuisinart 77-11G Stainless Steel 11-Piece Set Chef's-Classic-Stainless-Cookware-Collection
$143.48 in stock
5 used from $119.95
- SET INCLUDES: 1.5 Quart saucepan with glass cover, 2.5 Quart saucepan with glass cover, 3 Quart saucepan with helper handle and glass cover, 8 Quart stockpot with glass cover, 8" Skillet, 10" Skillet, and 18cm Steamer insert
- COOKING AND CLEANING: Experience professional performance with an aluminum encapsulated base that heats quickly and spreads heat evenly, eliminating any hot spots and providing versatile performance. The stainless steel cooking surface does not discolor, react with food or alter flavors. Dishwasher safe, making cleanup effortless
- DURABLE & SLEEK DESIGN: Each piece designed with durability and a sleek mirror finish that will have you cooking your absolute best. Measurement markings provide you with ease of use every time
- EXCEPTIONAL HANDLING: Riveted stainless steel handles, including side grips and helper handles, which are professionally riveted to ensure a lifetime of perfect balance. You’ll receive a drip-free pour everytime and the flavor lock lid results in your best cooking results
- WARRANTY: Lifetime warranty
For eleven pieces, 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless set’s price is reasonable and can even make it a marvelous gift for a new cook in your life.
The price might be low, but the quality is not. Cuisinart won’t compromise on that. And they wouldn’t do that to you either.
It comes with a tri-ply construction which means the bottom has an aluminum core and two layers of stainless steel covering it: an 18/10 interior and a magnetic stainless exterior. This gives this set durability and even heat distribution across its entire surface area while maintaining a light weight for easy storage and cooking.
It’s suitable for all kinds of cooktops including induction since the set is dishwasher friendly, oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and has riveted handles covered with silicone for added grip and comfort.
There’s something I love about this set: it doesn’t scratch easily. Even though I’m not exactly gentle with my cookware, this set has held up to the abuse much better than other sets in similar price range.
The glass lids are easy to clean, and the pans can safely go on a variety of burners. Gas, electric, glass, and halogen stovetops can all accommodate this without damaging it.
Be careful if you cook with salt because it can cause black spots on the pan bottoms. If that happens, I recommend you boil vinegar in the pot to get it back to shiny.
- Fits different stove types.
- Oven-safe over 500 °F.
- Measurement markings.
- Rivets prone to rusting.
- Bottom of the pots get spots.
Cuisinart 54C-11R 11-Piece Ceramica XT Nonstick Cookware Set, Red/Stainless Steel
- SET INCLUDES: 1.5-quart saucepan with cover, 2.5-quart saucepan with cover, 3-quart saute pan with cover, 6-quart stockpot with cover, 8-inch skillet, 10-inch-skillet
- EXCEPTIONAL DESIGN: Enjoy professional performance with hard anodized exterior, unsurpassed heat distribution and quantanium nonstick for professional results
- EXCEPTIONAL HANDLING: Cool grip handles stay cool on the stove top and provide a safe a solid grip
- CLEAN UP: Easy clean up with hot soapy water and a non abrasive scrub pad
- LIMITED-LIFETIME WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
Advantage Ceramica XT Cookware Set is a trustworthy, stylish option for small households or apartments. I am surprised that this set is cheaper than its main competitors. It’s got a lot of the things you see on luxury sets, and you don’t have to pay a fortune for it either.
Compared to Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless set, Advantage Ceramica XT Cookware Set comes with only one lid per pan/pot – not dishwasher friendly – but still has all the necessary features: magnetic tri-ply stainless steel bottom layer as well as aluminum core and an 18/10 stainless exterior cover.
The heat distribution is even throughout their thickness so they heat up quickly and evenly without hot spots. The handles are riveted for comfort and easy grip, while being silicone coated so they also stay cool while cooking.
Advantage Ceramica XT Cookware Set is also oven-proof up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, meaning you can take your food out of the pan or pot straight away and stop worrying about melted handles.
If you are unsure what type of material works best for your cooktop, then Advantage Ceramica has got you covered. It’s suitable for all kinds of cooktops including induction.
The Advantage Ceramica line is one of the best value sets on this list. It has a curved lip for easy pouring and silicone handles that keep them cool while you cook. You can also use it to store leftovers in the freezer.
However, this isn’t the best if you’re prioritizing health. You need to use a generous amount of butter or oil for cooking on some of these pans.
- Attractive red color.
- Silicone handles.
- Free of PTFE, PFOA, and PFOS.
- High heat damages it.
- May require a lot of oil.
- Not dishwasher safe.
Winner of the RoundUp
Even though the Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel Set is an expensive line, I found it the best and most adaptable for anything from home cooking to dinner parties.
In my experience, the best sets are those that can last through years of roasting, simmering and frying. They should also be easy to use, so you can spend more time monitoring your dish instead of hurting your wrists with heavy pots.
This one works wonders without needing extra butter, handle covers, or any other modifications. Minor scuffs like scratches were easy to take care of with a little cleanser.
Whether you’re making pancakes or roasting vegetables, this feels like a reliable sidekick in the kitchen.
I know what it’s like to pick a cookware set for the first time. Even experienced cooks can find it overwhelming since so many sets are alike. Below, I answered some questions that can help guide your search.
How to Choose the Best Cookware?
The first thing you should consider when picking a cookware set is whether it works on your stove type. Not all stoves heat the same tools adequately.
For example, a ceramic pot won’t heat over an induction stove unless it has metal inside it. Check a cookware’s site description before buying to see where it works.
I recommend you also think of what cuisines you cook the most. Hard-anodized pans are great if you like browning dishes. Meanwhile, nonstick ones will work if you do breakfast foods like eggs or pancakes often. Steel only works with a little butter and oil, roasting food deliciously.
Finally, consider your storage space. If you enjoy cooking for yourself or a small group of people, you might not need a 17-piece set.
What are the Pros and Cons of Buying a Complete Set?
One of the biggest reasons to get a full cookware set is for convenience. If you find a brand that specializes in a certain kind of cuisine, you can get all the tools you need without thinking about it.
These sets tend to come with product warranties, offering repairs or replacements for faulty pieces. Plus, they have a consistent appearance if a clean presentation is one of your priorities.
On the other hand, some sets come with duds. A lot will advertise themselves for having one main centerpiece and just complete it with secondary, less-quality pans.
Buying individual cookware is better if you want complete control over your tools. Just remember, a warranty won’t cover it for replacement. However, you can trust that you’re getting the best for your specific goals.
What Precautions Should I Know Before Buying?
Clemson University neatly breaks down some considerations for safe cooking. For one, when you buy aluminum cookware, ensure that it’s anodized.
Highly acidic foods like tomato sauce or lemon juice can break down non-anodized aluminum, creating a harmful gas. By having that hard-anodized layer, you have a protective seal to get aluminum’s even cooking benefits without the toxicity.
You can also watch out for chipped pieces in ceramic cookware. As soon as it chips, you may want to replace it to avoid any enamel materials from cooking into food.
Some studies suggest that the PTFE in ordinary nonstick pans can be harmful. Therefore, you should look for PTFE and PFOA-free labels on your pans.
For the most part, you can cook safely with different materials as long as you care for your cookware properly. This Youtube video can guide you more on various safety precautions to enjoy safe cooking on your cookware set.