Whether you are a trained chef or a casual home cook, you can benefit from owning a great induction cooktop. The best induction cooktop helps to prevent massive kitchen messes and fits in a variety of kitchen layouts. Unlike gas and electric options, induction cooktops use electromagnetic fields to produce heat and allow you to serve a delicious meal to your table.
Here, we have created a round-up of five of the best induction cooktops for every kitchen and cooking skill level.
Best Overall: Frigidaire Gallery 30” Electric Induction Cooktop
- Dimensions: Exterior - 21-3/8" D x 30-5/8" W x 2-7/8" H | Cut-Out -19-1/8" - 20-1/2" D x 28-1/2" - 29-7/8" W x 3-5/8" H
- 30 in. induction cooktop from Frigidaire
- Amazingly fast heat
- Even heat distribution
- Cooktop surface is easy to clean
This four-element induction cooktop from Frigidaire is our best overall induction cooktop option. With this, you can boil water in under two minutes. The burners are powerful, offering up to 3,800 watts of power. There is a hot-surface detector, a pan-presence detector, and a sensor that determines pan size and then adapts its heating size to fit your pan. The melt-and-hold feature keeps the surface at an even temperature for one hour.
The induction cooktop has a touch control panel built into the ceramic glass top. This 30” version is ideal for all kitchen sizes but also comes in a 36” option if you desire a larger cooking space. You can install this unit onto a countertop or above a wall oven.
- Cooks very fast
- Easy to clean
- It does not get too hot to touch
- The surface is easily scratchable
- Some reported shipping issues
- The USA & Canada ETL Certified Electric Stove Induction Cooktop designed and engineered in the USA by Empava Appliances with 2 Years US Based Manufacturer Warranty.
- The flawless Empava smooth tempered glass surface allows for effortless cleanup, manufactured without the release of hazardous metals into the ground and withstands intense heat without cracking or chipping. Compatible to install above any Empava 24/30 in. under-counter single wall oven. Most stainless steel and cast-iron cookware are induction compatible.
- Hot Surface indicator - An "H" will appear in the surface cooking area display let you know when elements are hot to the touch with just a glance. Pan size sensor heats the element to the size of your cookware and turns off when no pan is present for safety and more efficient cooking. With induction cooking, heat is generated directly in the cookware, so the cooktop stays cooler to the touch, with child control lock feature prevents unintended activation for added safety.
- 9 heat level settings allow range from melt to rapid boil, accurate and easy temperature changes at the touch of a button, boil, stew, fry, stir fry, switch from one mode to another as needed, get amazingly fast heat with induction that boils water 50% faster than an old school radiant cooktop.
- The EMPV-IDC24 features two 8 in. heating element up to 2700-Watt and two 6 in. heating element up to 2000-Watt in Power Boost Mode up to 5 minutes. Sensitive Digital Control and up to 99 minutes timer will help you to cook perfectly and accurately. Empava induction cooktop can control the cooking time precisely for you. You can set it to turn the cooking zone off automatically after your setting time is up, rest and enjoy the rare leisure time!
The Empava Stove Power Boost Vitro induction cooktop is our pick for the best budget option. It offers you the same level of efficiency for under $500. This induction cooktop has a 24-inch design with four tempered glass burners that allow it to provide the same cooking power level and sleek look as similar induction tops for a much lower price. This cooktop is designed to be safe, easy to clean, and multi-functioning to render cooking a breeze.
There are four burners on this top that range from six inches in diameter to eight inches wide. The Empava cooktop has nine power levels and a mode that allows you to boost the power when you need to prepare meals on a time crunch. Unlike other models, the burners cannot be linked to each other to make a larger cooking area, but you will not likely miss out at this price. This cooktop gives you almost every aspect of a larger cooktop without breaking the bank.
- Affordable, easy on the pocket
- Good power and quick response
- Looks sleek and modern
- Great for smaller kitchens
- It does not last as long as more expensive models
- Heat cycles on and off
- Not ideal for all kitchen types
Best Portable: Max Burton 6400 Digital Choice Induction Cooktop
- COOKTOP: The Max Burton 6400 Digital Induction Cooktop is portable, easy to use and energy efficient
- INDUCTION: With induction cooking, your cookware is being heated by a magnetic field inside of the cooktop
- SAFE: There is no open flame or exposed heating element to burn people or surrounding items, making this ideal for young and old
- CONVENIENT: The Max Burton 6400 Induction Cooktop is lightweight, plugs into any standard household outlet and has an easy to use LCD screen and touch controls
- IDEAL: This cooktop can be used for a primary or secondary burner in the home, dorm, office, boat, RV or gourmet kitchen
A review round-up of induction cooktops would not be complete without mentioning our pick for the best portable option. The Max Burton 6400 induction cooktop is small and compact but offers excellent performance for an on-the-go cooking experience. The entire thing only weighs six pounds, so you can store it easily in a cabinet or drawer or pack it for a trip.
This induction cooktop is able to reach 1800 watts of power but is not likely to boil water as quickly as a full-size induction top can. However, this cooktop holds its own against the competition for the unit’s size and can cook your food relatively fast.
There are two options for modifying the cooking settings. Heat mode runs on a one to ten setting, and Temp mode has fifteen temperature settings that range from 100-450 degrees in 25-degree increments. This unit offers more than other portable options with its versatility and ability to take on more difficult cooking tasks. If you are on-the-go a lot, this cooktop may be your ideal option.
- Small and easy to store
- Good power and cooks fast
- Accurate heat
- Control buttons wear out after long term use
- Buttons are touch-sensitive
- Not as adjustable as other options
- Loud beep
- Dimensions: Exterior - 21-3/8" D x 36-3/4" W x 2-7/8" H | Cut-Out: 19-1/8" - 20-1/2" D x 33-7/8" - 36-1/8" W x 3-5/8" H
- 36 in. induction cooktop from Frigidaire
- Amazingly fast heat
- Even heat distribution.Voltage:240 volts
- Cooktop surface is easy to clean
Frigidaire’s 36-inch electric induction cooktop can cook your food at lightning speed. With this large induction cooktop, you will be able to prepare meals quickly and with high-quality results every time you use it. The cooktop features modern induction technology that allows your pans to heat evenly with every use while transferring heat directly to the pan instead of the cooktop’s surface.
This induction cooktop is very easy to clean as it is fitted with glass. Your spills will not get a chance to burn to the top because the cooking surface remains cool enough to clean right away. There is also an auto-sizing pan detector that is able to determine the size of your pan and warm the area without extra work on your end. With this option from Frigidaire, you will always cook like a professional and provide your friends and family with top-tier meals every time.
- Easy to install
- Very easy to clean
- Heats very fast
- Crack-free and durable
- Low hum when in use
- Power cycles on low settings
Best Two-Burner: Cuisinart ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop
- Induction technology for fast heat-up and consistent heat throughout cooking. Must use with induction-ready cookware
- Dual heat settings: 8 settings on the left burner, 5 settings on the right burner. Dimensions: LWH: 14.25" x 23.5" x 2.5"
- Individual 150-minute timers and ON/OFF switches for each burner
- Throws off less heat so kitchens stay cooler.MC Cubic Feet: 3.29
- Heat turns off 30 seconds after pot or pan is removed.UC Cubic Feet: 1.38
This option from Cuisinart is an excellent two-burner to add to your kitchen if you are in need of some extra cooking surfaces that won’t take up a ton of space. You can use this when traveling, as well as it is portable and adapts to an RV. There are two-burner surfaces. The larger burner offers eight heat setting options, and the small burner has five. There is a 150-minute timer on each burner, and they will turn off automatically if there is no pan for more than 30 seconds.
The smooth glass surface on this cooktop is effortlessly easy to clean and remains to look sleek after multiple users. There is a very bright LED display so you can clearly read the controls in any lighting. This two-burner will make a perfect addition to your home whether you need extra cooking space for holidays, have a small kitchen, or travel a lot.
- Suitable for travel and use in RVs
- Cooks food quickly
- Easy to clean and store
- It does not last as long
- Hard to contact the manufacturer
- Fan is loud
Overall Winner: Frigidaire Gallery 30” Electric Induction Cooktop
The clear winner of this induction cooktop review round-up is the Frigidaire Gallery 30” Induction Cooktop. This cooktop stands apart from the rest not only in quality but in features and abilities. There are multiple smart features of this cooktop that the competitive options we have listed. With the Frigidaire options, you get the most for your money while cooking at a high-quality level that is sure to impress everyone you invite to your home.
Though the other items we reviewed are fantastic as well, they do not compare to what you will get when you install the Frigidaire 30” in your kitchen. It befits both professional and amateur cooks and is easy to clean and maintain for many years to come.
What You Should Look For In An Induction Cooktop
When you are looking for an induction cooktop, there are some critical factors you need to take into consideration. Here are some of the essential qualities that you should look for when buying an induction cooktop for your kitchen.
What Type of Induction Cooktop Is It?
You should consider the type of induction cooktop you need because not all cooktops are built alike. How do you want to use it? If you are going to use your cooktop as the primary cooking surface in your home, consider buying a built-in option. However, if you need a mere extra burner in your kitchen or spend a lot of time traveling, a portable induction cooktop may be more up your alley.
How Many Burners Do You Need?
This question goes slightly with the above but is still of great value to consider when looking for your ideal cooktop. You can purchase a small, single burner for some extra cooking space all the way up to a multi-burner unit for your kitchen. If you expect to cook a lot and intend to make this your primary cooking space, consider buying an option with four or more burners. Otherwise, a small and compact option will likely cater to your needs.
What Do the Heat Settings Offer?
There are many different heat settings with induction cooktops. If you are using it as your primary source of cooking, the more power it has, the faster it will cook your food. However, portable burners are awesome for keeping your food warm or getting water to a light boil. The heat settings of your cooktop are essential, and you should carefully consider this before making a purchase. You don’t want to find yourself stuck with the wrong cooktop because you ignored your heat needs.
Benefits of Induction Cooktops
Whether you are buying an induction cooktop to add some burners in your kitchen, or looking to upgrade your whole cooking experience, there are a lot of added benefits to incorporating induction cooking in your life.
One of the biggest advantages of adding induction cooktops into your kitchen is the speed at which you can heat your food. Before induction, gas ranges offered the fastest cooking times. However, induction cooking is able to produce heat into your pan at a much faster rate. Thus, whatever is in your pan is heated a lot faster than with other cooking methods.
Induction cooktops offer you the ability to precisely and instantly control your heat. When you use a lower heat level, the pan or cooking utensil will instantly begin to cool down and slow down the cooking process. Heat within an induction cooktop is generated directly into your pan, so the area around it is always cooler than with electric or gas cooktops. You can touch the ceramic cooktop without burning yourself.
It is also important to note that unlike with gas or electric ranges, the kitchen will not heat up during cooking with induction cooktops. Since the surface remains cooler, spills do not bind to the surface, making it easier to clean the mess as well.
Induction cooktops offer a lot of safety advantages, especially for the elderly and young children. Since the unit stays cool, burns are less likely to occur even if the unit is left on. Most units will turn off when they go a certain period of time without detecting a pan. Induction cooktops are superb if you live with a lot of small children or high-risk individuals.
One of the best advantages of owning an induction cooktop is the amount you can save on energy. Induction cooking is 90-95% efficient, which is much higher than both gas and electric range options. Due to the amount of energy you can save, induction cooking falls into “green living.” You will use less energy with this cooking method, which is environmentally friendly and ultimately uses less fossil fuel.
Adding an induction cooktop to your kitchen is not a trivial decision, and thus it requires a considerable amount of planning and research. This review round-up of the best induction cooktops should have helped you better understand what you want and which items can fulfill your needs. There are a lot of benefits to cooking with an induction cooktop, so once you feel comfortable enough to make a decision, get out there and shift your kitchen into one that is efficient and energy-friendly.