When it comes to the best induction cookware, some people may shy away for many reasons, one being the word “induction.” Perhaps not the most logical explanation for some savvy home cooks out there. Nonetheless, the word induction sounds more like a vacuum term than a cooking one.
What is induction? A heat transference process from one source to another conducting source through an electrical current through a coil, inducing a magnetic field whereby heat distributes evenly. For this reason, inductive cookware is gaining in popularity.
Five Product Reviews
Before jumping straight into each product, there’s an essential distinction between induction cookware and induction stovetops. Even the best induction cookware must be flat and magnetic to sit level and conduct heat equally from the stovetop’s surface.
Cuisinart MultiClad Pro – Best for Consumer Brand Knowledge
- Polished cooking surface does not discolor, react with food or alter flavors.
- Cookware also features cool grip handles secured with stainless steel rivets and self-basting, tight fitting lids, Triple-Ply construction includes the unsurpassed heat conductivity of a pure aluminum core. It insures maximum heat retention and even heat distribution, eliminating hot spots
- Oven safe up to 550F, Rims are tapered for drip-free pouring.
- Dishwasher safe, Tight-fitting stainless steel covers seal in food's natural juices and nutrients for healthier, more flavorful results. Covers are dishwasher-safe
- 12-piece cookware set. The set consists of: 1-1/2- and 3-quart covered saucepans; 8- and 10-inch open skillets; 3-1/2-quart covered saute pan; 8-quart covered stockpot; steamer insert with lid. 12 pieces total. Professional Triple Ply Construction features a core of pure aluminum and a brushed stainless exterior.Suitable for use with induction cook tops.Drip-Free Pouring Rim Tightfitting cover seals in moisture and nutrients for healthier, more flavorful results, every time you cook.Included components: 12 PC Set
Cuisinart has 40 years of experience designing and manufacturing stainless steel products. Of Cuisinart’s line of products, stainless steel cookware sets are among the first.
With their long history, they’ve earned the notoriety deserving of their stainless steel cookware. So if you decide on the Cuisinart MultiClad Pro (MCP) cookware set, you’ll find you’ve invested in a proper cookware set.
The triple-ply design delivers superior heat conductivity and equal heat distribution. And with proper care and use, the Cuisinart MCP cookware set will provide countless years of service and beautiful family meals.
The classical look of the MCP collection is a moderately priced 12-piece set. Available through most popular online and retail stores well below the manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP).
The 12-piece set includes:
- 1.5 Quart saucepan with lid
- 3 Quart saucepan with lid
- 8 Quart stockpot with lid
- 3.5 Quart saute pan with an assist handle and lid
- 8-inch Skillet
- 10-inch Skillet
- 20cm Steamer insert with lid
The induction capabilities feature an aluminum core and stainless steel exterior with a “Heat Surround Technology,” which allows heat to distribute through the cookwares’ sidewalls.
An ideal design to protect the home- and professional-chef from sustained burns is the “Cool Grip” handle. The Cuisinart brand remains highly-competitive and in-play with its continued technology updates and innovations as a leading contender of culinary cookware for professional and home chefs.
- Measuring units engraved on the inside of pots and pans
- Stains remove easily
- Predictable cooking with induction heating
- The saute pan is deep enough to toss food effectively
- For use in the oven and on the stovetop
- Great ergonomic handles
- Even cooking
- Beautiful Design
- Lid handles can get warm, so be careful
- Can burn quickly, do not use on high heat
- Heat too fast, and cladding becomes visible
- Not nonstick
- Too heavy
- Pans can warp
- Handles are slick
- Can not build a nonstick layer
- Some items in shipments defective
Circulon Symmetry – Best Nonstick Cookware
- POTS AND PANS SET INCLUDES: 2-Quart and 3-Quart Saucepans with Lids, 8-Quart Stockpot with Lid, 10-Inch Frying Pan, 3-Quart Sauté Pan with Lid, Two 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Pans
- DURABILITY THAT LASTS: Pots and pans feature heavy gauge hard-anodized aluminum construction that's twice as hard as stainless steel and provides lasting durability
- SUPER ENHANCED NONSTICK COOKWARE: PFOA-free, metal utensil safe interiors feature the TOTAL(r) Nonstick System of raised circles and triple layer, premium quality nonstick for long-lasting food release and easy cleanup
- GET A HANDLE ON IT: The cookware set handles are crafted from stainless steel, wrapped in silicone for a comfortable grasp and oven safe to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- EASY BAKING SHEET PANS: The two cookie pans are made of heavy gauge steel for proper heat distribution and offer high-quality nonstick for excellent food release
The 11-Piece Circulon Symmetry is high-performing nonstick cookware. The corrugated base inside the cookware adds to the performance of the nonstick surface.
That corrugation also continues to preserve the nonstick surface for the life of the cookware. Surface performance is consistent across all products, which showcases their induction design capabilities.
The nonstick anodized technology Circulon uses in its Symmetry collection is a hard-anodized technology. A process in which the main ingredient, aluminum, is chemically treated, making it incompatible with an induction stovetop surface.
Although hard-anodized tech is not compatible with induction heated surfaces, the Circulon Symmetry technology incorporates a stainless steel plate that makes the Circulon Symmetry cookware induction-friendly.
The 11-piece set includes:
- 2- and 3-quart saucepan with lids
- 8 Quart stockpot with lid
- 3 Quart saute pan
- 8.5-inch skillet
- 10-inch skillet
- 2 – 10-inch x 15-inch cookie baking sheets
The moderately-priced induction cookware has a triple-nonstick layer internally and externally for easy cleanup. Safe enough to use metal utensils during and after the cooking process.
The sleek black color brings an added flair to the high-performance of the Dupont Circulon Symmetry product design. The cookware handles are center-wrapped with soft silicone for comfort and self-assured grip.
The stainless steel handles reinforce the product’s stability and come with tempered glass lids for added safety and precaution.
- Oven safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dishwasher safe
- Nonstick surface
- Easy cleanup
- Durable and stable design
- Practical design
- Stay like-new after many uses and long-ownership
- Seamless fitting lids
- Weight is comfortable
- Some reports of hard-anodized coating peeling off
- Other reviews of possible lid defects shattering on first use
- Wear and tear occurs quickly on rims with tight-fitting lids
Anolon Nouvelle – Most Versatile Cookware
- SET INCLUDES: 1.25-Quart and 2.5-Quart Saucepans with Lids, 6.5-Quart Stockpot with Lid, 8-Inch and 10.5-Inch Frying Pan, 3-Quart Sauté Pan with Lid
- BUILT TO PERFORM: The cookware set's polished stainless steel construction is crafted with copper for optimum heat control and cooking performance
- INDUCTION READY, DISHWASHER SAFE: European style for a luxurious look, induction-compatible, and dishwasher safe for the ultimate in convenience
- FLUSH, DUAL-RIVETED HANDLES: Elegant handles are dual-riveted for strength and feature patented flat-rivet technology; deep-seated stainless steel lids seal in heat and moisture
- OVEN SAFE: Oven safe to 500°F, the cookware set is compatible with all stovetops including induction
The Anolon Nouvelle’s moderately priced 10-piece cookware set is polished stainless steel with a layer of copper encapsulating the hard-anodized aluminum on each piece’s base. Ideally, the induction collection pairs with induction stovetops delivering on absolute heat distribution.
The elegant artistry and engineering by design give home chefs the function of well-controlled heat going from a 500-degree oven to the stovetop.
The high-performance induction heating for fast cooking results is also equipped with stainless steel handles and convexed lids to hold in heat. The concentrated base of each piece brings a heaviness to the Nouvelle copper cookware.
The 10-piece set includes:
- 1.25 Quart saucepan with lid
- 2.5 Quart saucepan including a lid
- 6.5 Quart stockpot and lid
- 8-inch frying pan
- 10-inch frying pan
- 3 Quart saute pan plus lid
With proper use and care, the Anolon Nouvelle product is dishwasher safe and comes with a lifetime warranty.
Over time heat can begin to change the beautifully trimmed copper base but cleans up easily with a copper polish and stainless steel cleaner to resort any piece to its original luster.
The product design and the long-lasting durability of the handles reinforce each piece by a dual-riveted, fully patented flat-head rivet technology for a seamless fit.
- Conducts heat well
- Many customers compliment the design by stating, “looks too good to use.”
- Clean up easily
- Food does easily stick.
- Superior heat distribution
- Improved food quality
- Well-attached handles to support heavy bottoms.
- Any acid will remove oxidation quickly and easily.
- Ideal for induction heating
- Competitively priced
- Not prone to warping
- Period of adjustment for new users
- Slightly longer to heat-up
- Not offered with a nonstick interior
- Handles are too long and heavy as a result, small pots and pans tip.
Gotham Steel – Best for Large Households
- Includes everything you need to start cooking out of the box, including, fry pans, skillets, sauce pans & stock pots, casserole pans and more
- Nonstick – the Ti-Ceramic coating ensures the ultimate release - everything just slides right off the pan, no need for oil or butter, making cleanup a breeze
- Ultra-durable, scratch-proof & metal utensil safe
- Aluminum composition ensure even heating distribution all around
- Lightweight design makes for a comfortable cooking experience
The Gotham Steel stainless steel collection is the most affordable cookware set with 10 pieces. The cookware collection is ideal for large households on-the-go.
The color-rich copper-interior contrasted by the reflective stainless steel exterior makes for a rustic contemporary statement in any kitchen. The collection’s balanced aesthetic appeal is safe enough to go from oven temperatures of 500 degrees to the stovetop.
The functional nonstick surface only adds to the appeal of the Gotham Steel cookware for induction stovetop surfaces. They bring together an old-world color and the smart design for the everyday home-chef looking for a lightweight and safe material for the family.
The scratch-resistant interior has the bonus of being dishwasher safe. The cookware is free of any toxic products used to make pans nonstick or stain resistant.
Instead, Gotham Steel uses a coating technology of “granite stone derived from minerals and then reinforces that technology with a diamond film.” Gotham Steel coats all their nonstick cookware surfaces in the final production steps with a blend of ceramic and titanium substances, sometimes referred to as “ti ceramic.”
The 15-piece set includes:
- 8.5-inch frying pan
- 10.25-inch frying pan with lid
- 1.5 Quart saucepan including lid
- 2.5 Quart saucepan and lid
- 5 Quart stockpot plus lid
- Stainless steel steamer
The Gotham Steel stainless steel copper cookware collection comes with tempered glass lids. The induction capsulated steel base comes with an aluminum core that evenly distributes heat across the bottom and up the sides.
The elegant copper interior and shined stainless steel exterior are the perfect complementary color with a functional design and safety features that make this a practical choice for any family.
- Easy clean up using only a paper towel
- Metal utensils will not scratch the internal cooking surface
- Even induction heating
- Nontoxic and free of PFOA, PTFE, and PFOS
- Long-term use of dishwasher detergents may damage the nonstick surface over time.
- You can only use animal-fat byproducts—like real butter or lard.
- Vegetable, seed, and fruit oils will stick to pans and can damage the cooking surface.
- 2015 research suggests no strengthening difference using the titanium-ceramic blend in cookware.
All-Clad – Best Quality
- 5-piece cookware set includes a 10-Inch Fry Pan, 3-Quart Sauce Pan with lid, and a 3-Quart Saute Pan with lid
- 5-ply bonded construction with alternating layers of stainless steel and conductive aluminum for warp-free strength and even heating throughout
- Highly polished stainless-steel cooking surface with starburst finish offers superior stick resistance and easy maintenance, plus won’t react with food
- Capacity etched on base; heat-resistant stainless-steel handles with large bolster and permanently secured with stainless-steel rivets; flat stainless-steel lids; flared pouring rims
- Oven- and broiler-safe up to 600 degrees F; optimized for induction; dishwasher-safe; limited lifetime warranty; Made in USA
The All-Clad brushed stainless steel 10-piece cookware set rates highest among consumers despite this brand’s high-priced product. The All-Clad brand is popular and widely liked by many professional-chefs and has gained a great deal of attention from consumers.
The brand is a high-performing product due to the high-quality design, which leads to the costly investment many purchasers overlook. The brand’s patented construction bonds together five alternating layers of stainless steel and aluminum, wrapping a pure copper core capable of withstanding temperatures as high as 600 degrees.
The cookware set has a stylish signature look found in many All-Clad products in brushed steel. The product finish makes for an elegant look with high-performance capabilities for induction heating cookware.
The benefits of the All-Clad products are most often dishwasher safe with a lifetime warranty.
The 10-piece set includes:
- 8-inch saute pan
- 10-inch saute pan
- 1.5 Quart and lid
- 3 Quart saucepan with lid
- 8 Quart stockpot including lid
- 10-inch frying pan
The D5 technology, exclusive to All-Clad, provides better heat induction with five layers and the copper core. The technology in this family of All-Clad products has rolled edges making for a drip-free pour.
All-Clad is well recognized globally as a USA product and offers a professional line of commercial products and a consumer line of products.
- Consumer reviews reveal a high-level of brand-loyalists
- High performing heat induction
- Many reviewers report brand quality is worthy of high value
- No warping
- No cool spots
- Dishwasher safe
- Safe for use with butter, animal fats, and oils
- Lifetime warranty
- Learning curve
Overall Final Heat
After examining many of the best induction cookware sets, my pick is All-Clad—setting the bar high in comparison, in my opinion, in heat induction performance. All-clad ranks were high in overall design, quality, and performance with patented technology to fulfill the exacting conduction’s magnetic performance criteria.
If you plan to invest in a new cookware set, you may want to budget for All-Clad’s induction cookware since All-Clad products price higher than the competition, which is matched only by All-Clad’s superb quality and sleek design. But paying more is worth the value for your kitchen by this American-made product manufacturer.
Buyer’s Guide – What to Consider?
When you get right down to rivets and steel, these brands were tested by me against my personal All-Clad’s performance. I came to this selection by seeking out top-selling consumer brands using the All-Clad standards for design, technology, and efficacy that goes into every induction product they manufacture.
Why are All-Clad Owners So Dedicated to the Brand?
All-Clad’s consistency and quality assurance contribute to the brand’s superb form and function, making All-Clad so memorable. A checklist of five must-haves in all induction cookware, according to All-Clad.
- All-Clad only uses materials sourced in the United States, whether it’s the aluminum core, the stainless steel interior and exterior, and all the way around.
- The All-Clad cookware has a non-reactive blend of stainless steel interior to protect foods from toxins.
- Each comes standard with a durable stick handle made with stainless steel and a hanging hole.
- Patented stainless steel rivets permanently secure the handle to the cooking surface.
- The All-Clad stainless steel exterior induction capability is of sustainable quality that can last a lifetime.
As an owner of several All-Clad products, I can’t agree more with many other All-Clad owners—I too believe the brand is best-in-class. There is no denying the craftsmanship and technology that has gone into the All-Clad design.
I look forward to using my All-Clad every time I cook. From my 3-quart saucepan that outperforms in boiling water faster than any other pot in my household to my 8-inch saute pan that has more than twenty years of use.
My 8-inch saute pan evenly cooks everything from vegetables to meats, whether on an induction stovetop in my first home to the coil-burner in my new home.
All-Clad in my mind and the minds of many All-Clad owners is hands down our favorite source for producing well-made home-cooked meals for family, friends, and neighbors.
What are the Layers in the All-Clad Induction Cookware Set?
When we’re talking about induction heating, it all comes down to design and material. All-Clad always uses a combination of metals to help home-chefs, and professional-chefs achieve superior cooking qualities, whether braising, pan-searing, or sauteing.
As discussed in our opening above, the best induction cookware should contain metal with a magnetic pull. Most cookware has at least one aluminum layer or stainless steel layer– generally, an 18/10 blend of either iron/nickel or chromium/nickel, qualifying both mixtures magnetic.
Each induction cookware outlined above meets a minimum of one layer of stainless steel with at least a single aluminum layer. What copper brings to the stovetop is even heat distribution.
With All-Clad, you get your pick of three cookware sets that are slightly more affordable than another, each with an element of magnetism and a layer that conducts and distributes heat evenly.
- In All-Clad’s construction of their D3 stainless steel, there’s an inner layer of 18/10 stainless steel, an aluminum core, and an induction stainless steel exterior.
- The All-Clad D5 Stainless Steel construction has an interior layer of 18/10 stainless steel, followed by a layer of aluminum, a stainless steel core, then another layer of aluminum in the four-layer with an exterior layer made with an induction (magnetic) stainless steel.
- All-Clad’s Copper Core cookware is essentially the same as the D5, just with a copper core instead of a stainless steel core.
I recommend starting with the D3 constructed cookware and work up to the copper core cookware by All-Clad. Many first-time All-Clad owners burn much of their food upon first use. When all you need to do is cook at your stove’s optimal temperature, and never add food to the pan before it’s thoroughly heated.
What is the Cooking Difference?
Cooking with All-Clad induction cookware is more of an accurate cooking process. But even defining that way doesn’t tell the whole story.
Most of us know that cooking is a bit of an art, but it’s more about accuracy when you cook with All-Clad cookware. The aluminum or copper cores distribute heat more evenly and more quickly than the other brands because of the added layers of stainless steel.
All of which is described by All-Clad as delivering better results for precision cooking. All contributed to by All-Clad’s patented technology of three or five bonded layers of metal blends that can come to temperature quickly for and even distribution of cooking meals.
There are many videos online and even an All-Clad channel on Youtube that you can watch and learn everything you need to know about cooking with your All-Clad induction cookware. You can even follow All-Clad online.
To learn more about All-Clad’s induction cookware, take a minute to learn more about All-Clad’s D5 induction cookware.
How Does Heat Induction Cookware Function on an Induction Stovetop?
Induction stovetops use an electrical current to power, transferring heat through magnetic coils to heat 85 percent to 90 percent of the used cookware. Therefore, only pans containing magnetic properties, like the stainless steel in All-Clad D5 induction cookware, will work on the induction surface.
Cookware made only from copper, ceramic, glass, and any other element with low magnetism may not function well on an induction stovetop. Like All-Clad’s D3 induction cookware, some pans have layered their products for improved performance with stainless steel as the outermost layer with an aluminum or stainless steel core for advanced heat distribution.
Can I Cook Whatever I Want in My Induction Cookware?
Anything that you cook on a coil, gas, ceramic, or glass stovetop will cook on an induction stovetop provided you use products like the All-Clad D3 induction cookware.
Will My New Induction Cookware Work on A Coil, Gas, Ceramic, or Glass Stovetop?
Many of the best induction cookware designs are specific for pairing with induction stovetops, although this type of cookware will function on any stovetop surface.
If you have an induction stovetop, though, make sure to confirm the cookware is induction-friendly before completing your purchase.
To test your existing All-Clad pans, try seeing if there is a magnetic pull on the bottom of the pan. If the magnet sticks, the pan will work on an induction stove.
There’s something to be said about brand name products sometimes; whether it’s the longevity of the product or its performance, paying top dollar for a brand is an investment in any household.
While coming up with the funds to save for your dream cookware for your kitchen, research some of the other All-Clad products available to get a head start on saving for an entire kitchen of All-Clad guaranteed to last a lifetime.
In our compare and contrast of All-Clad, they have the history, knowledge, and patented technology to talk about their induction cookware designs. But, even if All-Clad pricing is just too far outside a budget, there are brands we’ve outlined that can stand up against the best in design and tech.
Whether you are looking for an attainable goal in the next month or two, or you can wait another three months or more, you certainly have a substantial selection to choose from, be it;
- Gotham Steel
- Anolon Nouvelle
- Circulon Symmetry
- Cuisinart MultiClad Pro
Perhaps health is more important to you, so purchasing a cookware set that is free of toxins, like Gotham Steel, can benefit you widely and save on your out-of-pocket expense since their products are far more affordable. Your bottom-line is always what is ultimately best for you and your family.