How many times have you wished you could cook like Paula Deen? Her Southern charm is guaranteed to take meals to the next level. Your family certainly wouldn’t be able to get enough of your creations. If only there were a Paula Deen cookware set out there to make it happen… Lucky for us there is! But is it worth it? Let’s get right into the Paula Deen cookware reviews.
Paula Deen Cookware
Paula Deen Riverbend Nonstick Cookware Pots and Pans Set, 12 Piece, Gulf Blue Speckle
- Durable aluminum cookware set: Heavy-duty aluminum construction means the cookware set heats quickly and evenly
- Top quality nonstick cookware: Interiors feature premium, top-quality nonstick for great food release and easy cleanup
- Easy to clean, stain resistant cookware: Porcelain enamel exteriors add a dash of color to the kitchen and are stain resistant and easy to clean
- Cookware lids lock in heat and flavor: Shatter-resistant glass lids lock in heat and flavor, and a convenient slotted spoon and turner set is included
- Oven safe handles: Dual riveted cookware handles are Oven safe to 350 degrees F
It just so happens that Paula Deen has overseen the creation of such a collection. According to Dean herself, this is cookware designed with longevity in mind, reflecting her appreciation for quality craftsmanship and classic styling.
While this collection may be a little pricey for the single-chefs out there, those cooking for family or guests could benefit from investing. Thanks to an array of vibrant colors, these pans can suit most kitchen aesthetics, though you might want to check out the offerings to make sure. Colors here are pretty vibrant, so fans of subtle design might struggle. To help you decide whether these are the right cooking assistant for you or not, let’s consider what they do right, and where they’ll leave your meals lacking.
- Colorful for kitchen aesthetics
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe up to 350 F
- Comfortable to use thanks to soft-touch handles
- Not induction ready
- Susceptible to scratching
- Paint prone to flaking after ongoing use
- Heavy handles mean a tendency to tilt
Features & Benefits
Looking at features and benefits is your best chance at deciding whether these products are for you. You’d expect there to be plenty of these on offer from a respected name like Deen, but does her cookware live up to her reputation? Let’s find out.
At a glance, the features Deen’s pans have to offer include –
- Colorful porcelain exteriors
- Heavy gauge construction for quick and even heat
- Soft-touch handles
- Tempered glass lids to lock in flavor
- Stain-resistant and easy to clean Teflon coating
Colorful porcelain exteriors
Perhaps as a nod to the comfort her Southern cooking offers, Deen has made sure that these pans look the part using colorful porcelain exteriors. With a total of five different colors on offer including orange and pear, these are certainly a little more vibrant than your standard gray pans. The speckled finish, too, makes these cookware products pretty distinctive compared to many on the market. I certainly love to brighten my hob a little, but the color options on offer are unlikely to suit everyone. With ‘bold’ the main focus, cookware like this would undoubtedly struggle to blend with a subtle kitchen aesthetic.
Heavy-gauge construction for even and quick heat
The heavy-duty construction on this cookware range seems to be a prime selling focus. The quality design certainly makes for even and quick heat distribution during cooking. It also means that oven cooking is possible with these products up to 350 F for chef convenience. The quality construction involved should also guarantee that this investment lasts for many years to come.
Comfort while cooking is always a plus point, and Deen’s cookware should have you covered here with its soft-touch handles. Color-coordinated with the pans themselves, handles are also dual-riveted, with copper-plated rings included for handling convenience. If you’re cooking multiple things at once, then, these could well help you to juggle everything in a comfortable and controlled manner at all times.
Tempered glass lids to lock in flavor
This cookware set also comes complete with tempered glass lids as standard, and even copper-plated knobs to add a further splash of color. Designed to enhance flavor, the glass construction of these lids means that you should be able to check on cooking progress at all times easily.
Stain-resistant and easy to clean Teflon coating
Thanks to a DuPont Teflon select non-stick coating, cleaning should also be a breeze with these pans. With Paula Deen cookware reviews reporting that they’re also dishwasher safe, you should never need to soak these to get rid of any pesky stains or residues. This ease of cleaning also has the potential to lengthen the lifespan of these pans. That means you should be able to trust Deen when she says that durability lies at the heart of these designs.
Paula Deen Cookware Reviews – Is it Worth it?
Of course, a manufacturer is always going to rave about their products. That’s why we’ve also scoured the internet to find out about this cookware range from the people using it.
Amazon is, of course, a prime review source, and this range doesn’t fare too badly there with a 68% 5-star rating. Some of the rave reviews on offer come from lifelong and incredibly impressed customers, as evidenced in these examples –
And, it isn’t just Amazon customers that can’t get enough. Consumer Affairs customers also have plenty of positive things to say about Deen’s cookware, including:
I don’t know about you, but I prefer to know exactly what’s on the market before I settle, and cookware is no exception. Even if you think Paula Deen’s products are right for you, there’s no saying for sure until you first consider some alternatives. Lucky for you, we’ve done the hard job of searching for the closest alternatives so you don’t have to.
American Kitchen Make Enough for Leftovers Premium Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set – 5 piece
- BRING EVERYONE TO THE KITCHEN: With this 5-piece set, the capacity is big enough to make —and share — all your favorite meals. Our ultra-durable Eterna nonstick coating allows you to use fewer oils and fats while still sliding food from pan to plate with ease. Learn more about this PTFE-based coating in the “product information” document.
- SUPERIOR HEAT CONDUCTIVITY - Each piece of this tri-ply stainless steel cookware set is constructed with two layers of professional-grade stainless steel, wrapped around a single layer of premium durable aluminum. This cookware will heat evenly and stay hot every time.
- COOK ANYWHERE - Each piece of this tri-ply stainless steel cookware set is made of a magnetic stainless steel, so you can use it on all cooking surfaces — electric, gas, induction and ceramic glass. In addition, it is oven and broiler safe up to 500 degrees.
- PERFORMANCE HANDLE - The stainless steel handles are built for performance. The handles stay cool when you’re cooking on the stove and are ergonomically designed for maximum comfort and efficiency.
- WORKHORSE DURABILITY - Handcrafted in the USA from global materials, American Kitchen stainless steel cookware is ultra durable, stain resistant and dish washer safe, so you can enjoy it with those you love for years to come.
When we think of pots and pans, it’s impossible not to consider iconic brands like American Kitchen. Made from professional-grade stainless steel and Eco-Satin non-stick, these are certainly a familiar sight in any American kitchen. But, how do they compare to Paula Deen’s offerings? For one, these products are a fair amount pricier. The stainless steel gray finish also makes for a more subtle kitchen design. Lastly, this range has the benefit of being oven safe up to 500 F, making these more appealing for chefs who do a lot of oven-based dishes.
- Higher price point
- Subtler colors on offer
- Improved oven capabilities
- Harder to clean due to lacking dishwasher capabilities
As you can see, these ranges rate pretty evenly. That said, you could benefit from looking for American Kitchen cookware instead if you’re looking for subtle designs and improved oven capabilities.
Scanpan HaptIQ 13 Piece Stainless Steel Nonstick Cookware Set, 1 pack
- 13 Piece Set includes: 8" Nonstick Skillet, 10.25" Nonstick Skillet, 12.5" Stainless Steel, Nonstick Skillet, 2 Quart Nonstick Saucepan with Glass Lid, 2.75 Quart Nonstick Saucepan with Glass Lid, 2.75 Quart Nonstick Saute Pan with Glass Lid, 4 Quart Nonstick Saucepan with Glass Lid and 7.5 Quart Nonstick Dutch Oven with Glass Lid
- Interior created with revolutionary Stratanium+ nonstick coating with a mirror polished stainless steel exterior
- PFOA and PFOS-free nonstick micro-textured surface will not warp, blister or peel; squeeze-cast body eliminates hot spots providing even cooking for browning and searing
- The frying structure is a composite 5-layer clad-aluminum construction, all of which contribute to the cooking equipment's strength and characteristics
- Cast stainless steel riveted handle stays cool longer; for use with silicone, wood, nylon and metal utensils, Oven safe up to 500° on all cooking sources including induction
The Scanpan HaptIQ cookware set is perfect for someone who’s looking to upgrade their kitchen. The nonstick interior of this cookware set makes cooking and cleanup a breeze, and the mirror polished exterior looks great on any stovetop. This set comes with everything you need to start cooking a gourmet meal in no time.
The Scanpan Cookware is made with a tempered glass lid so you can keep an eye on your food without losing valuable heat. The ergonomic design of the handle makes it comfortable while cooking and provides a safe grip.
If you’re looking to cook using an induction hob, then Scanpan is definitely a cookware brand to keep in mind.
If you’re having trouble in the kitchen, the right cookware brand is vital. Quality pans can undoubtedly save you from burning that gourmet dish or wasting hours washing up. And, you may find that Paula Deen’s range is the right collection for the job. With non-stick Teflon coatings, you’ll never again need to worry about burning your creations. With dishwasher capabilities in hand, you shouldn’t even need to worry about washing up ever again. I don’t know about you, but I reckon that sounds like a pretty good deal.
Things to consider before buying Paula Deen Cookware
Before you rush out and invest, it’s worth considering a few last-minute factors regarding your Paula Deen investment. There’s no denying that the quality designs on offer here could turn your kitchen experiences around for good. They might even make you the top dinner party host in your town. Still, Deen cookware isn’t for everyone, not least because of those bright colors and their inability to cook on an induction hob. Before buying, then, your last step should be to ask yourself the following questions –
- What type of hob do you use for most cooking?
- How would bright colors fit with your kitchen?
- How long do you intend your cookware to last?
- What kitchen items do you need to buy?
Once you can answer these questions, it should be plain to see whether Paula Deen has the cookware you need, or whether you’d be better off looking elsewhere after all.