Tramontina spans kitchens across the globe, with a presence in over 120 countries. The century-old company specializes in cookware and offers a multitude of options for its customers. You might find stainless steel easier to manage. Fortunately, Tramontina creates sets to suit everyone’s needs.
Table of Contents
Tramontina Cookware Collections
While Tramontina sells numerous cookware collections, each piece derives from one of four basic styles: aluminum, ceramic, stainless steel, or cast-iron. Whether you’re looking for a replacement piece or an entirely new arrangement, Tramonita may hold the answer to your problem.
Keep in mind, what follows are specific collections Tramontina offers. You can make individual purchases as well for a completely customized kitchen.
9 Piece Induction Aluminum Nonstick Cookware Set – Best Value
Tramontina Gourmet Induction Aluminum Nonstick Made in Italy, Slate Gray 9-Piece Cookware Set
- Set includes: 10" fry pan, 4.5 quart covered deep sauté pan, 1.5 quart & 3 quart covered sauce pans, and 5 quart covered Dutch oven
- Cold-forged, heavy-gauge, impact-bonded induction aluminum construction
- Pfoa-free reinforced nonstick interior for easy release and clean up
- Ergonomically designed precision cast stainless steel handles
- Heat- and shatter-resistant glass lids allow you to monitor cooking progress
Let’s go ahead and get the technicalities onto the table: Induction Aluminum Nonstick Cookware Set includes a 10” frying pan, an 11” covered deep sauté pan, a 1.5 qt and 3 qt saucepans, and a 5 qt dutch oven.
Anyone from professional chefs to amateur cooks might find this set gets the job done. The heavy-gauge, cold-forged aluminum distributes heat evenly. It is also durable, and, of course, nonstick.
The lids provided for these pieces are resistant to heat, consisting of shatterproof tempered glass. Each piece comes with a cast stainless steel handle for easy and secure handling. Tramontina adds a special touch to this set with high base magnetic bottoms, the basis of induction technology.
- Heavy-gauge, cold-forged aluminum design
- Reinforced nonstick aluminum interior
- PFOA-free (Perfluorooctanoic Acid)
- Cast stainless steel handles
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
- Long cool downtime
- Not as durable as other options
Nesting 11 Piece Nonstick Cookware Set – Space Saving
Tramontina Nesting 11 Pc Nonstick Cookware Set - Gray - 80156/043DS
2 used from $104.80
- Durable, easy-to-clean, high-quality cookware that saves up to 50% more storage space
- Constructed from heavy-gauge aluminum and porcelain enamel exterior finish
- Reinforced, easy-release, nonstick coating made without lead or cadmium
- Heat and shatter-resistant tempered glass lids with a knob that doubles as a spoon rest. Ergonomic, riveted handles that lock together and space pans for more protective storage.
- Compatible with gas, electric and ceramic glass cooktops/ Oven-safe up to 350°F / 176°C/ Dishwasher safe
Another Tramontina cookware set made up of aluminum, the Nesting Set utilizes a three-coat Teflon Platinum interior, both lead and cadmium free. Each piece’s exterior sports a porcelain enamel finish and is compatible with electric, gas, and ceramic cooktops. Tramontina aimed to ease their customers’ lives by making this set of pots and pans stackable, freeing storage space.
The Nesting Set includes a 12” sauté pan, 3 saucepans (1.25 qt, 2 qt, and 3 qt), a 3 qt covered casserole dish, and a 4.75 qt sauce pot. As with all of Tramontina’s lids, the lids provided with this set resist heat. The knobs on these lids are nooked to allow a resting spot for your spoon while cooking.
- Aluminum construction with Teflon Platinum interior, porcelain enamel exterior finish
- Heat and shatterproof tempered glass lids with knobs doubling as spoon rests
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
- Teflon scratches easily with metal utensils
- Nonstick quality fades with time
10 Piece Tri-Ply Clad Stainless Steel Cookware Set – Easiest to Maintain
Tramontina 80116/566DS Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Clad Cookware Set, 10-Piece, Made in China
- Set includes: 8-inch &10-inch fry pans, 1.5-quart & 3-quart covered sauce pans & 8-quart covered stock pot
- 18/10 Tri-ply clad stainless steel construction
- Compatible with gas, electric, ceramic and induction cooktops
- MADE IN CHINA; Dishwasher and oven safe to 500 F
- Item # 80116/566DS - UPC 016017087941
Tramontina’s Stainless Steel Cookware Set features an aluminum core and induction-ready magnetic technology. If you’re looking for the most versatile selection, the stainless steel set might be your best option. This set includes two frying pans (8” and 10”), a 3 qt braiser, two saucepans (1.5 qt and 3 qt), and a 6 qt sauce pot.
Tramontina’s stainless steel set works well on any cooktop and fits easily into the experienced chef’s or busy parent’s kitchen. The lids provided with this set also consist of stainless steel. If you so desire, you could even cook with this set safely in your oven – up to temperatures of 500°F (260°C).
- Tri-Ply Clad design distributes heat evenly
- Aluminum core
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
- Poor heat distribution
- Easy to burn food
10 Piece Ceramic Cookware Set – Professional Choice
Tramontina 80110/220DS Style Ceramica Cookware Set, 10 Piece, Metallic Copper, Made in Italy
- Set includes: 8” & 10” Fry Pans; 11” Covered Deep Skillet, 1.5 Qt. & 3 Qt. Covered Sauce Pans; and 5 Qt. Covered Dutch Oven
- PFOA, PTFE, lead and cadmium-free ceramic interior provides a healthy, quick release cooking surface that is easy to clean
- Ergonomically designed stainless steel handle with silicone soft-grip is riveted for added strength and stability
- Compatible with gas, electric and ceramic glass cooktops
- Made in Italy, assembled and packaged in the USA; Lifetime warranty
The third option on our list to feature aluminum composition, Ceramic Cookware Set, sports a ceramic interior design. Tramontina tests and approves the ceramic coating to be free of unhealthy chemicals to provide you with an eco-friendly, healthy cooking experience. The smooth ceramic surface allows easy cleanup.
The Tramontina Cookware’s ceramic set comes with two frying pans (8” and 10”), an 11” deep skillet, two saucepans (1.5 qt and 3 qt), and a 5 qt dutch oven. Each piece employs an ergonomically designed handle made of stainless steel wrapped in silicone. As with their other aluminum sets, Tramontina pairs each piece with a heat-resistant and shatterproof glass lid.
- Aluminum construction
- Ceramic coated interior is eco-friendly
- Protective porcelain enamel exterior
- Stainless steel handles with silicone coverings
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
- Ceramic coating’s nonstick quality may fade after extensive use
Preseasoned Cast Iron 2 Pk Skillets with Silicone Grips
1 used from $34.99
- Perfect for searing up pork chops, frying eggs, and baking
- Pre-seasoned cast iron
- Superior heat retention and distribution
- Oven-safe up to 450°F / 232°C
Slightly deviating from the other sets on our list of Tramontina Cookware, the Cast-iron Pack only comes with 2 skillets – but for the discerning chef, that’s all you’ll need. Cast-iron skillets absorb heat and hold it, cook evenly, and compliment every set on this list. Tramontina pre-seasons their cast-iron skillets and do not require soap for washing. In fact, you should never clean your cast-iron cookware with soap.
Tramontina offers a 10” and 12” skillet in this set. If you enjoy searing, grilling, and baking with the same utensil, perhaps you should consider adding these tools to your kitchen. When properly cared for, cast-iron skillets are durable and add a taste to your food no other cookware can. Tramontina adds silicone to their cast-iron skillet handles to protect your hands.
- Pre-seasoned, heat machine
- Silicone covered handles
- Oven safe
- Hand wash only, no dishwashers – NO SOAP
- Grill steaks or bake a pie
- Germophobes may not be comfortable with merely rinsing cast-iron
- Easy to burn yourself
Based on my personal experience, your best choice might be the cast-iron skillets. Nothing else is quite as versatile as these bad boys. You can grill, fry, and bake with them. While cast-iron upkeep is tedious, the flavor they add to each dish is beyond compare with any other cookware collection.
Tramontina Cookware Shopper’s Guide
Now that you know what Tramontina offers, you might still need a little nudge in the right direction. Which set should you choose? Here’s a list of points you need to consider about cookware before you make your purchase.
Covered briefly above and more so later in this article, maintenance refers to the amount of upkeep it’ll take to ensure your cookware remains fit for your kitchen. Stainless steel tops the list as the easiest to maintain. At the bottom is cast-iron, which undeniably takes a decent amount of upkeep. What stainless steel offers in ease, cast-iron makes up for in taste.
How often do you want to buy new cookware? Chances are never again, but of course, not all things remain in good condition even with appropriate maintenance. Teflon may not last as long as a ceramic surface, but with proper care, it, too, can last for years. Stainless steel lasts a lifetime, while cast-iron lasts perhaps even longer.
Reactivity refers to the tendency of some foods to absorb the surface upon which they’re cooked. That said, you should address your concerns about possible metal absorption levels by researching what foods react with particular metals. Stainless steel is known for being generally non-reactive.
Perhaps the essential element regarding any piece of cookware, heat conductivity, refers to how well a piece absorbs and distributes heat. As it happens, stainless steel does not top the list in this category. Stainless steel serves general purposes well, but the best heat conductor by far is cast-iron. Still, stainless steel cookware accomplishes the task. Think about what you plan to cook and what heat levels will be required.
Tramontina Cookware Care Recommendations
Tramontina provides guidelines regarding how to care for your cookware so you can feel confident about your purchase. Excluding their cast-iron offerings, Tramontina suggests washing each piece of cookware with warm water and soap before each initial use.
Cast-iron enthusiasts differ on whether or not to wash with water at all, but if you decide to rinse your cast-iron skillet with water, dry it immediately by hand and coat it with cooking oil. After washing your other non-cast-iron cookware, you should do the same.
Q: How should I prepare my cookware before use?
A: Before each use, you should defrost your food (if frozen) and preheat the pan you plan to use. Add oil or butter to assist the nonstick technology and add flavor. Never heat your pan to extreme temperatures. Once you place the food down to cook, you might consider turning the heat down as well.
Q: Why is induction cooking so beneficial?
A: Induction cooking is quick, safe, and clean. The utilization of magnetism facilitates the heating process by speeding it up. No flame is necessary. The smooth surface employed by induction technology also allows for swift and easy cleanups.
Tramontina offers myriad options for everyone, from the professional to aspiring chef, from a two-person household to a family of ten. Each set features its own benefits and suitable tasks. Whether you plan to cook large dinners or go camping, Tramontina creates cookware you can use anywhere.